J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Chase Wealth Management Operations supports a business responsible for over $234 billion in assets that generates approximately $1.6 billion in annual revenue:
- Ranked 12th of 20 firms in JD Power 2016 Full Service Investor Satisfaction Rankings with 723 employees in three primary locations – Columbus, Ohio, Chicago, Illinois, and San Antonio, Texas
- Providing support for 3.0 million accounts (brokerage, brokerage managed, bank managed, annuity, and 529) and 3,000 advisors, 500 investment assistants, 121 Market Directors, and 67 Supervisory Managers in over 5,000 branches
- Supporting accounts on the SCPP, Pershing, and OMNI systems with Annuity and 529 plans held directly with the insurance or fund company
- Overseeing third party and inter-affiliate parties operational metrics, SLAs and initiatives, periodic onsite visits, and testing of services
Chase Wealth Management Operations Control & Governance advocates a culture of shared responsibility for managing risk within the Wealth Management Operations organization through collaborative analysis, great-practices sharing, training & awareness and effective governance and execution of control improvement programs.
The Chase Wealth Management Operations Data Protection Associate is accountable to organize, direct, manage, and execute the activities of assigned control reviews and/or initiatives ensuring on time completion, as well as delivery of the stated strategic goals and objectives. The Chase Wealth Management Data Protection Associate will partner closely with business, technology, and other support partners to ensure successful execution of initiatives.
The Chase Wealth Management Operations Data Protection Associate is also responsible for monitoring the details and status of assigned controls, preparing standard and ad hoc updates and reports, identifying and resolving issues, effectively escalating decisions and issues, as well as establishing quality measures and standards that ensure milestones are met.
The Chase Wealth Management Operations Data Protection Associate is accountable for oversight and reporting of controls including: Knowledge Management, Privacy & Fraud Identification and Prevention, Employee Onboarding, Licensing & Registration, Consecutive Leave, Records Management, Electronic Communication Review, Clean Desk, and other controls as assigned.
Additional responsibilities will include execution of assigned control reviews and/or initiatives ensuring on time completion, as well as delivery of the stated strategic goals and objectives.
Clear communication, transparent reporting, and effective presentation building will also be vital elements of the position. The successful candidate will excel at creative thinking and problem solving; be self-motivated, confident and organized and ready to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Compliance, Controls or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in financial services, preferably in investment related roles. Experience in a risk and control function strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Experience with operational risk analysis, process improvement, developing procedures
- Experience with line of business applications knowledge a plus
- Project management experience
- Change management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong process analysis and improvement skills
- Strong consulting and relationship building skills
- Ability to effectively escalate and resolve issues
- Meticulous attention to detail; highly organized
- Flexibility; ability to adapt and respond quickly to change
- Mastery of MS Office products and the use of SharePoint as a repository
- Works independently
- AML/KYC Knowledge (Know Your Customer)
- JPMC Systems, Releases and Data Knowledge