JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors and institutions. Our investment professionals are located around the world, providing strategies that span the full spectrum of asset classes.
The Asset Management finance team based in Singapore supports the finance functions for asset management business in South East Asia, Australia and India. The team is currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join us. Reporting to the Asset Management Asia Regional Controller, the candidate will lead a small team of finance professionals and oversee the financial control, regulatory and tax reporting functions, coupled with the opportunity to partner and work closely with the business.
• Oversight of the month end legal entity control processes to ensure accurate and proper close of the books and records for the Singapore, Australia and India asset management legal entities
• Responsible for regulatory, tax and financial reporting such as:
- Risk-based capital calculations for Singapore entities and Australian Financial Services License (AFSL) monitoring to ensure regulatory requirements are met
- Annual statutory and tax audits in Singapore, Australia and India
- Regulatory and statistical surveys such as MAS Quarterly Income and Expenditure reporting and Survey of Asset Management Industry
- Corporate income tax and GST reporting
- Asset under management reporting for Singapore and Australia legal entities
• Partner the Regional MIS team in HK on financial planning and analysis processes such as monthly Flash vs Actual reporting and reviewing outlook revenue and expenses
• Evaluate and assess capital adequacy of the regulated legal entities
• Represent Finance in various location management committee meetings and regional finance control committee
• Advise on and provide support to new business and corporate initiatives
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
• At least 10 years’ experience with a major financial institution or accounting firm with an emphasis on regulatory/statutory reporting and taxation reporting
• Team management experience is preferred.
• Familiarity with MAS reporting requirements and global accounting standards such as IFRS and US GAAP
• Strong analytical skills and ability to think broadly and make connections between diverse issues and tasks
• Effective communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships with counterparts across different functions and regions.
• Meticulous with strong control mindset
• Committed, proactive and demonstrates initiative to drive better workflow efficiency
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines
• Strong team player
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.