JP Morgan Introduction:
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB):
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Custody & Fund Services:
J.P. Morgan Custody - global leader with $22 trillion in assets under custody, provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. J.P. Morgan’s Custody and Fund Services (C&FS) business is comprised of Custody, Accounting, Transfer Agency, Middle Office outsourcing, Foreign Exchange, and other activities related to servicing assets for traditional and alternative funds; it leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 100 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
Product Development Overview:
The role of Product Development is to partner with the broader team to set the strategic direction of the Traditional Fund Services (TFS) business, develop and implement new products for the business and work with prospects and clients on new services. The ideal candidate is an energetic strategic thinker, with deep knowledge of TFS who can define, develop and deliver market leading products that enhance client satisfaction, support sustainable business growth and deliver positive shareholder value add (SVA). He /she would be expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and a leader within the FS Business.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
Lead a team to analyse and implement projects to improve the automation, functionality and simplicity of our core financial reporting systems and solutions. This is a highly visible role, and is a key part of the strategic global change agenda, and will need daily interaction with multiple business locations and representatives to identify future state enhancements that support and optimize that business unit.
Reporting to the Program Manager, this role will be responsible for all elements of strategic project management and implementation – employing a well defined governance management, framework and reporting structure to ensure consistent on time project delivery, in a controlled environment.
Participate in complex change global programs in Fund Services – those with significant scale, complexity & budget
Work with the global product team to come up with a standard client offering
Apply critical thinking to understand requirements; identify, evaluate and propose solutions where necessary developing and supporting sustainable effective processes with appropriate control mechanisms
Drive requirements gathering, definition and the documentation of requirements to the required quality level
Construct/Design/Implement and maintain the proper governance structure based upon each individual program challenging the current processes and organization to effect changes that improve profitability/ efficiency, controls and risk reduction
Drive program work streams across multiple functions areas, including technology and operations at all levels to successful completion. Contribute to the investment by ensuring partners are held accountable and keep development aligned to strategic plan
Provide verbal and written status updates as required by to support senior management with timely and accurate maintenance and archiving of program artefacts
Gain a comprehensive understanding of existing product capabilities and designing innovative solutions to new opportunities to build a scalable, efficient market leading service offering.
Own the change management process
Provide thought leadership and development of junior staff members
Conduct business process review and implement adequate process controls and checklists
Actively participate in supporting their colleagues in client pitches, as and when needed, as a TFS expert, and solution for clients leveraging a deep background in fund accounting and / or administration for TFS clients
- 10+ years of industry experience in Fund Services business
- Experienced and proven financial services operations / project manager, who is comfortable working in a distributed operating model, with stakeholders in multiple geographical locations
- Ability to understand a diverse and complex technology and operations infrastructure
- Working knowledge of FIS InvestOne product is a strong advantage.
- Relevant industry qualifications are an advantage (CFA, FRM etc.)
- Ability to devise creative solutions in response to client requests and strategic product goals
- Ability to map proposed product solutions against a diverse and complex technology and operations platform
- Strong analytical skills, able to translate complex issues and other input into actions
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to manage many tasks at once in a structured manner
- Strong execution skills - the role requires strategic thinking to define and design our service platform – combined with accountability and strong execution skills to drive and implement development.
- Strong team player with an ability to pull together multiple partners in a productive virtual team environment
- Strong independent contributor who is comfortable working in a self-directed mode on multiple assignments
- Ability to self prepare quality materials and present confidently in multiple settings
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Willingness to constructively challenge where required and work collaboratively with partners
- Agility to adapt to a changing environment and demonstrate delivery of critical business goals
- An ability to work in teams distributed across the globe and travel to onshore offices
- Being a self-starter with strong leadership skills