About J.P.Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its Chase and J.P. Morgan brands.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About Derivatives Operations
We provide operational support to Markets & Investor Services and banking businesses across the CIB. We service a wide range of clients varying in size and complexity, from small retail businesses to large investment firms, governments and central banks.
The Currencies Operations team is responsible for Confirmation and Settlement of Foreign Exchange transactions booked by front office.
Summary of Responsibilities
Processing of Foreign Exchange transactions which include Confirmation with clients through JPM systems, phone, email etc.
- Ensuring that all payments are processed correctly and settled released within cut off times.
- Resolving any outstanding breaks in the Nostro accounts, performing root cause analysis and putting in place corrective actions.
Risk Mitigation of trades as per procedures set by the business. Reviewing inherent risks, ability to spot gaps and instituting preventive and detective controls.
Creating and publishing daily MIS of key performance and risk indicators.
- Establishing excellent relationship with both internal and external clients
Ensuring that all issues are investigated and resolved in a timely manner as per Service Level Agreement.
- Ensuring that any issues are escalated to team leader within an appropriate time frame.
Understanding of key controls and regulatory requirements.
Participate in the implementation of strategic initiatives; identify process improvements and efficiency opportunities in the daily workflow.
Skills and Qualifications
Experience of 0-2 years in an operational / financial services / customer services environment.
Previous exposure to Derivatives, Foreign Exchange or Commodities Operations would be an advantage
- Foreign Exchange product knowledge or related experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build business relationships
- Ability to multi-task in a constantly changing, global, virtual team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technical skills required: MS Word, Outlook, MS Excel
- Quick learner & flexible to work on staggered shifts
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy
- Strong teamwork, people and organizational skills
- Able to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues and process improvement opportunities