J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Private Equity & Real Estate Services (“PERES”) was launched in November of 2005 through the commercialization of the finance and technology team supporting J.P. Morgan's various private equity and real estate entities. The line of business has over 200+ dedicated finance and technology professionals with offices in New York, Chicago, Sydney, London, Dublin, and Jersey (CI). The team provides administration services to more than 100 clients with $200 BN exposure to alternative assets.
· Manage a Fund Accounting team that provides the following services for Private Equity Fund clients:
o Maintain the books and records of fund entities, special purpose vehicles and carry plans
o Review fund level financial statements, footnotes, investor-level capital account statements and fund related activity
o Calculate partner allocations and maintain waterfall models
· Prepare and review fund level financial statements, including the consolidated balance sheet, income statement, statement of partners' capital, schedule of investments, and cash flow statement (i.e. LPA, PPM, and client agreements)
· Interpret fund agreements in order to determine impact on financial reporting and partner capital accounting requirements
· Maintain thorough knowledge of industry standards (i.e., accounting, tax and legal) in order to most effectively serve and communicate with clients
· Anticipate and proactively communicate resolutions of issues to clients
· Lead and work on special projects for clients and internal initiatives
· Coordinate, manage and monitor audit process
· Minimum 10 years of accounting experience, preferably including Public Big 4 and partnership or private equity fund accounting
· Experience in reviewing and preparing Private Equity general ledgers and financial statements.
· 7 – 12 years of Investran experience preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
· CPA a plus
· Experience with various private equity legal and investment structures a plus
· Must be innovative and analytical, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Must have team player instincts with the ability to see a project to conclusion with little follow-up
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.