The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
The team is responsible for providing the data backbone to the Finance organization storing all finance information and calculating aggregations and supporting internal management reporting and external regulatory reporting. The team leverages Java Open Source and Big Data technologies to provide data management tools, calculators and financial reporting engines. The team is looking for proactive and hands-on application architect / development lead who can solve critical business problems with innovative technology solutions and have responsibility to implement multiple core components of this architecture. Specifically, the team is looking to enhance the operational efficiency and supportability of the Finance core data platform, while providing much greater insight and analytical capabilities on top of the data that is in the platform
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in building out enterprise level solutions in Financial Industry
- Strong application and OO design skills
- Strong coding skills – Java, Python, Scala
- Strong analytical and communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of relational database technologies
- Meaningful experience with big data technologies, namely Hadoop and Spark
- Track record of building and working in continuous integration environments, leveraging SDLC tools such as Jenkins / TeamCity, Git / Bitbucket (Stash), Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, etc…
- Ability to instill agile / iterative development principles into a development team
- Demonstrated track record of building software with high automated test coverage, extending beyond unit testing into integration and UI testing
- Experience in owning the end to end delivery of highly reliable applications including Design, development and testing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Software Engineering (or related fields).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong business system, analysis and development experience
- Logical and Physical data modeling experience a plus
- Machine learning / data analytics experience a plus