About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan is a leading global investment bank with one of the largest client bases in the world. We serve nearly 20,000 clients, including corporations, governments, states, municipalities, healthcare organizations, education institutions, banks and investors. Our clients operate in more than 100 countries. We offer a complete range of financial services to help clients achieve their goals. We provide strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk, and extend liquidity, and hold global leadership positions in all of our major business lines.
About J.P. Morgan Investment Bank Australia
In Australia, JPMorgan is one of the few fully integrated investment banks with leadership positions across mergers and acquisitions, debt capital markets, derivatives, equities, equity capital markets, and treasury and securities services.
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities:
A 12 month Fixed Term Contract Executive Assistant opportunity has arisen within the Investment Bank in Sydney.
Supporting the Managing Director, Executive Director and a team of seven, this role is responsible for:
- Diary management over different time zones
- Comprehensive domestic and international travel management
- Client liaison
- Organising client and ad hoc events
- Ownership of Expense administration for the team
- The ability to work with a range of personalities
- Arranging room bookings, catering and video conferencing facilities as required
- Preparation of sensitive and confidential information.
- Management of document printing and binding
- Drafting and typing of letters, memos, emails etc.
- Answering Telephones and taking ownership of internal and external calls
- Maintain effective and professional relationships with Senior Management, Executive Assistants, clients and visitors
- Assist team with IT issues / requirements - escalations
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working at a similar level, preferably in Investment Banking or another professional services environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team focused with a flexible attitude
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and think logically
- Strong attention to detail with accurate typing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
PLEASE NOTE WE CAN ONLY CONSIDER APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES WITH FULL WORKING RIGHTS FOR AUSTRALIA.