Strategic Initiatives Controls Manager
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the Firm responsible for delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner.
As part of End User Services, Site Technology Services (STS) has the following remit:
- STS-Cable Engineering is responsible for the production design, engineering and standards for cabling products and technology rooms globally at all corporate and retail locations
- STS-Real Estate is responsible programming, planning and delivery of technology on real estate initiatives and events globally at all corporate and retail branch locations
- STS-Operations is responsible for the strategy and support of over 350 MER rooms, 100 Co-Location facilities and 2,000 Telecommunication Rooms in North America, EMEA, APAC and LAC.
- STS-Co-Location Management is responsible for the strategy, standards and business administration of over 100 co-location facilities globally
- STS-Lab Services is responsible for the strategy, standards, operations and business administration of enterprise labs globally
- STS-CROSS is responsible for Compliance, Reporting and Operational Support Services
- STS-Strategic Initiatives is responsible for driving large complex Global Technology (GT) initiatives across GTI ensuring governance and controls
The firm is planning a new headquarters project in midtown Manhattan and as such there are multiple technology work streams to be managed and communicated against. The HQ2 program is defined as the enablement, migration and exit of the Firm’s current headquarters located at 270 Park Avenue by Q2 2019. HQ3 is the multi-year planning, design and delivery of a new headquarters by 2022. He/she will develop and implement communications strategies that scale across Global Technology’s HQ2/HQ3 programs and relate to various audiences, including but not limited to Operating Committee, CIOs, GTI Service Owners, Clients/Lines of Business, Global Real Estate, Facilities, Finance, Sourcing and Cyber, Risk & Controls.
The ideal candidate will have minimum 10 years business experience in project communications within large scale technology programs. He/She should have experience in synthesizing disparate data and convert into cohesive messages. This position requires a "self-starter" with a desire to learn and a passion for transformation. They will also require the skills to develop relationships at all levels of the organization and across all GT globally. This role reports to the Head of Site Technology Services (STS).
TRAVEL: 25% (Domestic & International)
LOCATION: 02969 – NOC5 – 575 Washington
- Create Strategic Program’s brand, communications strategy and governance model.
- Develop and drive multi-year communications & reporting strategy for HQ2/HQ3 programs.
- Drive accountability and accuracy around data collection and reporting; ensure cohesive communications and reporting structures.
- Design multi-year program data management strategy via centralized repositories and databases.
- Partner with GTI service owners to maintain knowledge of project schedules, dependencies, product roadmaps and innovation opportunities to define appropriate leading and lagging indicators.
- Clearly translate technical language into layman’s terms to communicate critical information to various audiences.
- Partner with CFOs & Finance teams to manage and report as to program budget; engage with product owners to ensure accurate forecasting, track business cases accruals and overall financial health of the program.
- Work closely with 3rd party vendors, Recruiting and Human Resources to implement resource plans.
- Partner with Sourcing to manage and report as to progress against program sourcing strategy.
- Develop change management governance model and drive transparency around program.
- Create content and leverage various media and communications strategies to build buzz and raise awareness about GT’s HQ2/HQ3 programs; this could include emails, chat rooms, blogs, standardized reporting, newsletters, website, intranet updates, mobile apps, etc…
- Actively participate and contribute to both internal and external meetings to stay abreast of client issues, related industry trends and external innovation forums.
- Develop and execute agendas for steering committees, GTI LT, GTOC and other governance forums.
- Craft content for timely GTI submissions for broader HQ2/HQ3 reporting & communications vehicles.
- Develop ad-hoc executive presentations & internal “press releases.”
- Minimum of 10 years of Technology Program Management and Project Controls experience
- Proven track record of developing and delivering executive level communications and presentations
- In depth working knowledge of network, end user and collaboration technologies
- Experience in handling confidential and private information
- Proven track of building high performing organizations and driving change
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong customer support and results oriented
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills on highly complex problems
- Strong analytical skills, organization and decision-making skills
- Executive presentation skills
- Team player & collaborative mind-set