J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
Asset & Wealth Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
More than 650 investment professionals providing over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
Leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
This position will support ongoing Global Wealth Management Technology initiatives in Transfer Processing Operations and CWM ACAT Reduced settlement program. As an Application Developer, you will be responsible for the management of small to large, complex projects using the departments preferred, mature (3rd & 4th generation) programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards and techniques. May also be assigned to multiple projects at various geographic locations and/or simultaneously assigned as a resource for single or multiple projects as required. In addition, this candidate will be involved in all stages of the development life cycle from requirements gathering to post-release support.
· Work with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Business client and other technical teams to design, develop, implement, test and maintain back-end processing solutions.
· Performance and scalability tuning to support large deployments.
· Research and prototype new technologies as appropriate.
· Define new product features in conjunction with product management, and provide specification
· Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
· Work with the team to provide a second-line support capability, although most issues will be dealt with by the dedicated first-line support team there may be a need for out of hours support if required.
· Translate technical requirements into programmed application modules
· Communicate with as well as direct Offshore team members
· Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
· Incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications
· Incorporate security requirements into design
· Understand the structures, usage and sources of data
People / Project Management
· Must be self-directed/self-motivated. Must be able to manage individual workload and deliver agreed upon project milestones
· Must be able to work within the context of a larger team, giving and taking advice.
· Must have excellent communication skills and be able to present a coherent picture to people with technical and finance backgrounds
· Serve as Serve as liaison between the Technology organization and the business users
· Manage project scoping and estimation activities, document the project scope and approach, review plans with business and technology stakeholders and acquire sign-off from business and technology leadership
· Assist in evaluating priorities and advise on options, risks, and costs versus benefits of proposed solutions
Candidates MUST have a commensurate track record with this opportunity, and a passion for creating large software systems. Our ideal candidate has the drive to make new software products and the sophistication and experience to make this a reality. Agile software development methodologies (Extreme Programming, Scrum, etc.) are used in the software development teams and the systems being developed are migrating to component and service based architectures. The ideal candidate will be excited about working in a progressive development environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of highly talented engineers in a fun and challenging environment where learning and growth is supported and actively encouraged.
· College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
· Minimum 5 years of IT experience required including experience with large complex technology projects
· SQL Development ideally in an Oracle or MS SQL environment. Knowledge and experience with non-relational databases technologies is a plus.
· Strong knowledge of automated testing
· Knowledge of Microservices and REST
· Understanding of Cloud technologies
· Knowledge of automated build and deployment technologies: Maven, Jenkins, Git etc.
· Windows and Linux scripting
· Exposure to Agile techniques such as Scrum, Kanban, TDD and BDD
· A passion for technology and a desire to innovate
· Flexibility, able to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgment, and prioritize work
· Excellent proven planning and dealing with ambiguity skills
· Expert ability to manage multiple tasks, changing priorities and circumstances
· Hands-on software troubleshooting
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to develop strong client relationships
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams and interact effectively with all levels
· Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups with strong team management, leadership and coaching skills
· Comfortable dealing directly with technical, business and vendor colleagues
· Ability to work in team environments or independently when necessary
· Experience with projects in multiple technologies, functions (e.g. transaction management, risk management etc.) and industries
· Detailed knowledge of project lifecycle and software development lifecycle deliverables
· Experience working in Investment Management, Securities Processing Operations, or Custody / Asset Servicing industries
· Knowledge of PMI, CMM, and/or Six Sigma Methodologies and Standards is a plus
· Knowledge of JPMC Enterprise Program Management pipeline and engagement processes and Enterprise Systems applications is a plus
· Experience in Risk Management, Compliance, and/or Privacy is a plus
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.