As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
As a Full Stack Technical Lead Software Engineer you will work on the design, development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of programming applications to satisfy requirements of multiple lines of business while also providing mentorship of junior members of the team.
• Partner with the development, cyber security and architecture team to enforce best practices for all aspects of systems development including requirements, design, build and testing/validation
• Propose standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and industry standards
• Adhere to architecture standards, risk management, security policies, processes and procedures when reviewing applications
• Manage the relationship with internal LOBs to ensure superior service delivery for all application core technologies
• Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications
• Build / improve client relationships through proactive communication and face-to-face meetings
• Lead (develop, motivate and manage) small to medium sized groups of developers, actively seek out and resolve blocking issues: resourcing issues, conflicts within team, conflicting interests, lack of clarity, external dependencies, etc.
• 10+ years of professional experience as an enterprise application developer with advanced level skills in Java/J2EE
o Strong experience developing Web based applications preferably using Angular 2 and Spring boot.
• Proven ability to work with a project team to develop a strategy, technical solution, and ultimately to implement high quality technical solutions
• Demonstrated proficiency with:
o Open Source Technologies: JUnit, Log4J, Spring, Hibernate, Maven
o Using Eclipse or IntelliJ
• Experience with the following:
o Database programming using SQL
o Experience with HTML, HTML5, CSS, Angular 2+, JQuery, Json and Spring Boot.
o Messaging JMS
o Linux/Unix Shell Scripting
o Issue resolution processes for application production problems
o Tomcat/Weblogic servers
• Demonstrated understanding of how to effectively manage source code with GIT or other versioning tools.
• Familiarity with enterprise software deployment and release processes
• Proven experience in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Proven ability in the Installations and Release Management process
• Experience working in an agile development environment.
• Experience developing Alternative Investement applications preferred.
• Experience with cloud development concepts, technologies, and techniques preferred.
• Experience developing 24x7 client facing applicatins preferred.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.