J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan’s global Markets business is comprised of the world’s leading securities and derivatives sales, trading and research groups. Our professionals are at the center of the world’s financial markets, providing liquidity, insights and analytics, competitive pricing across the full spectrum of asset classes – all focused on helping clients outperform their benchmarks. Our clients are the world’s largest public and private institutional investors including: asset managers, financial institutions, public and private pension funds, governments, hedge funds, insurance companies, corporates and more. We offer clients a full suite of services to meet their specific needs from award-winning research and sales ideas, analytics, trade execution, to post-trade services like clearing and settlement. J.P. Morgan Markets is the firm’s institutional portal, providing direct electronic access to these products and services.
Currencies & Emerging Markets (CEM) Trading
Through the Currencies & Emerging Markets group, J.P. Morgan is active in market making and research in emerging and developed markets around the globe. We are a major liquidity provider in global foreign exchange markets, offering pricing across approximately 300 currency pairs in cash and derivative products. Our G10 currency offering extends from plain vanilla to exotic options, as well as advanced ecommerce tools via J.P. Morgan Markets including algorithmic execution. We are able to offer a unique product set in transactional FX, seamlessly offering advanced payments, cash management and custody related FX products such as AutoFX, JPMAccess and MorganDirect Commercial. In the emerging markets, products include local currency and developed currency denominated products across emerging markets rates, foreign exchange, exotics and hybrids, as well as associated research. We are present in 24 locations around the world with Specialists located in all major foreign exchange centers.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. you will help senior traders cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group's particular range of products. You will assist the senior traders in managing risk, liquidity and exposure and you may support all aspects of the trading desk: pre-trade analysis, inbound and outbound trade processing and the design of optimal risk management for large trades. Tracking supply and demand, you constantly evaluate market developments in order to give clients accurate product information. You will be placed with desk which primarily deals in fixed income and foreign exchange. Key tasks will include:
• Supporting the day to day client requests and needs
• Understanding market drivers (of those markets in which involved), market moves, and the numbers behind it all, as well as cross-asset implications
• Independently resolving P&L reconciliation on issues
• Ensuring all relevant parties (vertically and horizontally) are kept abreast of key developments
• Cultivating an appreciation of balance between revenue generation and building a client franchise
• Understanding drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades
• Understanding firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
• Assisting with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of all entries and to ensure internal controls are followed
• Proactively sharing information, knowledge and ideas that help others succeed
• Playing an active role in training and developing juniors; Take a leading role in people initiatives (recruiting, mentoring, training)
• Experience working within an investment bank
• Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to book trades and the implications of improper trade booking on P&L
• Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to calculate and reconcile and which factors impact it; You should be able to resolve P&L reconciliation issues with little guidance
• Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of product(s) traded and support area functions of respective products
• Demonstrable proficiency with market and product lingo. Well versed in the quantitative nature and framework of own product (e.g., pricing, models, etc).
• Ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the direct costs of "doing business" along the transaction lifecycle;
• Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk.
• Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements.
• Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
• Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
• Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
• Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management.
• Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
• English fluency is essential
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.