- Provide day-to-day technical expertise and operational support to obtain highest degrees of production stability for the Rates applications.
- Work with Application Development (AD) teams to implement fixes and improve stability.
- Help in defining capacity and resiliency requirement metrics and failover/BCP capabilities in partnership with business and AD to improve reliability, stability and capacity management.
- Help monitor and improve monitoring of the application suite and proactively fix potential issues.
- Translate production issues into technical defects and work on defect management.
- Manage production technology incidents to resolution, ensuring timely engagement, escalation and effective communication to business, technology and vendor partners.
- Engage with project teams through the project life, more towards go-live to ensure successful delivery.
Technical skills, knowledge and experience:
- 4+ years’ experience in production support
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in supporting trading applications will be considered as an edge
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Programing is a mandate. Experience in Small Talk, Python, etc. preferred
- Working knowledge of UNIX (experience with Linux preferred)
- Working knowledge of SQL and stored procedures
- Strong software and business systems design, architecture, analysis, development and support skills preferred
- Excellent interpersonal relationship / teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English, providing clear problem descriptions and resolutions
- Proven complex problem solving/management skills and a strong eye for detail
- Proactive individual showing eagerness to learn and a strong sense of ownership
- Ability to handle multiple competing tasks in an ordered manner, prioritizing to ensure business deliverables are met even under stressful situations
- Exhibit leadership behavior which supports the business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran