At JP Morgan
Chase, we have an obsession for helping our clients, taking care of our
employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building
relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Our Business
Banking Government and Not for Profit (GNP) segment
serves the banking needs of clients and prospects within the segment. As a Business Development Manager (BDM)
you will be helping to improve the lives of our clients through financial
solutions, education, and advice. The BDM
is responsible for leading our business development efforts in the designated
markets, which may include expansion markets.
· Provide the best in client advice and service and develop the relationship to ensure a seamless client experience throughout Chase. Build collaborative relationships with partners across Chase, including Branches, Merchant Services, Commercial Banking, Private Banking and Card, to provide our clients the best solutions for all of their financial needs.
· Deliver an outstanding experience to GNP clients by providing comprehensive and customized business banking solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of their organizations. Use knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit and risk management, while leveraging relationships, to identify, recommend, and promote solutions that best serve the client and ensure the profitability of the portfolio.
· Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
· Build collaborative internal and external relationships to provide the best in client advice and service to develop the business network, and ensure a seamless experience for the client, who may have multiple products and services.
· Partner across lines of business (Chase Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Private Banking, Home Lending, Branch Teams) to connect clients with specialists who can help meet their financial needs.
· Utilize referral networks and centers of influence to identify and develop potential new clients, looking for ways to cultivate long-term relationships.
· Strong current business network and active involvement in community organizations such as Chambers of Commerce, non-profit boards. Leverage knowledge of diverse types of businesses, industries, markets, financial and economic concepts, as well as, creative marketing techniques utilizing Chase resources and materials to develop business network and prospects.
· 5 to 7 years of Government and Not for Profit relationship management or equivalent experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience required
· Extensive knowledge of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services.
· Extensive knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred.
· Strong relationship management skills; demonstrate strong tactical business development and negotiation skills
· Proven experience to establish and develop relationships in emerging territories
· Strong ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners and influence others without direct supervision
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally are critical
· Uses seasoned judgment to offer comprehensive and customized solutions that best meet client needs; monitors and researches market/industry trends and business outcomes to anticipate client needs and present proactive solutions.
· Able to identify opportunities, issues and viable alternatives, while managing risk, when traditional solutions do not apply
· Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities on a daily basis in pursuit of business priorities
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.