JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
The Compliance function assists management and staff in fulfilling their duty of compliance. The function provides a broad range of regulatory and compliance services and advice to all areas of JPMorgan Chase worldwide. Services include regulatory analysis of transactions and activities, formulation of regulatory and control policy, assistance in risk assessment, and new product development and implementation, assistance in the education of staff in regard to compliance policy and procedure.
Chase Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chase Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with more than $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2017. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies. The consumer payments industry is rapidly evolving. Chase Merchant Services must continuously innovate and expand our products, geographies and technology to deliver world-class solutions for our clients.
International Compliance Advisory
International Compliance Advisory focuses on a three tiered coverage model. The coverage model requires:
- Country expertise, the in-depth knowledge of the local regulatory environment, regulatory structures, local regulatory and market contacts, local market practice, industry groups, culture, language, etc.
- Product expertise, the in-depth knowledge of a specific product/service, its structure, purpose, target clients, risks, deal/trade/process flow and settlement, exchanges, etc.
- Core expertise, the in-depth knowledge and application of firm policy and regulatory requirements across multiple product, service and jurisdictions. Examples include Personal Investment, Chinese Walls, Licensing & Registration, Disclosure of Interest, Monitoring & Surveillance, etc.
Chase Merchant Services is undertaking an expansion of its international capabilities and alternative methods of payments. The International Head of Compliance for Merchant Services will support current EMEA Compliance activities and adapt advisor and oversight services as the business expands into new international territories. The individual will report locally to the EMEA Compliance Risk Officer and functionally to the Head of Compliance for the Merchant Services and will be responsible for the following:
- Performing the role of Head of Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Maintain the regulatory relationship with current and future regulatory bodies by building relationships Compliance counterparts across the globe.
- Provision of pro-active advice to business management in the development of policies and procedures for the Merchant Services international business, designed to achieve and ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements and corporate policies such as the Code of Conduct.
- Promoting a strong Compliance culture throughout the EMEA offices, establishing Compliance priorities with senior management and communicating these priorities effectively.
- Conduct regular reviews to verify policies and procedures conform with the latest regulations.
- Represent Compliance on Management Committee, Local Risk Committee and Local Operating Committee reporting on Compliance priorities and issues.
- Conduct an annual Compliance monitoring programme to verify policies and procedures conform to the latest regulations.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of compliance training and awareness programme.
- Identifying and investigating potential rule breaches, providing options available to manage and mitigate them and coordinating corrective action with other control functions as necessary/required.
- Advice in respect of handling of errors, client complaints, potential rule breaches, etc.
- Input into New Business Initiative Approvals involving business operations internationally, assessing Compliance/Regulatory issues/impact of proposed new products and services.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors and assist in managing responses and actioning compliance issues raised in audit reports & Control Self-Assessment reviews.
- In relation to the role of MLRO, receiving suspicious activity reports from the business and reporting to appropriate authorities, where appropriate, and preparing and submitting periodic reports on anti-money laundering and terrorist financing activities.
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and “hot issues” and anticipate areas of focus and attention of regulators, keeping business management and Compliance colleagues informed (eg participation in local Head of Compliance network groups).
- Coordinating and working as part of the EMEA regional and global Compliance and Financial Crime Compliance teams.
- Strong knowledge of global payments regulations and all related rules, guidelines and laws; previous interaction with a regulatory body.
- Extensive banking experience with a good working knowledge of Merchant Services products.
- Attention to detail and control/quality awareness; good organizational and planning skills; experience and capability in developing policies and previous as well as competency in compliance training.
- Good interpersonal skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally, e.g. Regulators, Business Managers, Audit, Risk Management, Legal and other line of business and Compliance colleagues within the Region and globally.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.