JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. With assets under supervision of $2.0 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
A critical priority for Asset Management is to ensure that high-quality data is available to run our business and meet our clients' needs. The Asset Management Chief Data Office (CDO) was established to define AM's data strategy and support for the core data used across AM and needed to run our business.
The Business Analyst will be part of the Client & Account workstream which is focused on establishing a data strategy for client and account data as well as driving AM wide client & account related programs. The projects and programs will include efforts to develop and adopt golden sources of data across AM businesses, partner with technology and business stakeholders in reengineering platform functionality and operational processes. The Business Analyst will collaborate with other project/program managers, business and data analysts, business SMEs, and technology teams to drive projects, ensuring clear priorities and completion of tasks, managing capacity, mitigating risks and overall leading the project to deliver on business benefits.
The Business Analyst will lead and participate in a multi-functions, multi-year, firmwide such as Enterprise Party Identifier (EPI) Program and beyond EPI, there will be additional AWM CDO projects to contribute to.
EPI program regulatory program is aiming to implement a unique party identifier across the firm for customer and “Know Your Customer” (KYC) Related parties in order to improve the client experience, streamline the process and improve the business decisioning and control.
The Business Analysis will contribute on this large-scale multi-year program across the multiple workstreams across Strategic Operating Model, Technology adoption, Data Remediation, Logical Data Model (LDM) and Data migration within the two sub-LOBs: AM & WM.
Across the AWM CDO programs, the Business Analyst will work closely with the End to end Program manager to ensure strong project management discipline and timely execution of the key milestones but will also drive and assist in the delivery of the Operating Model Design, Business requirements and Testing (when appropriate).
Roles and Responsibilities
• Excellent analytical and logical thinking to understand and analyze complex business processes, identifying risks and defining solutions.
• Strong relationship management and partnership skills to liaise with AWM Ops Onboarding, Data Management, Client Service, business Management and Firmwide Operations to ensure timely delivery of comprehensive business analysis and business requirements/user stories documentation
• Provide expertise and guidance on Party Onboarding, Maintenance and Offboarding Operating Model Design and Business Requirements with subject matters experts.
• Assist on documenting party Onboarding, offboarding and maintenance current state and strategic state in partnership with key workstreams participants.
• Assist on structuring and organizing the business requirements phase in a logical order
• Ensure completeness of all scope items with mapping to business requirements
• Participate in process improvement opportunities as they are raised
• Assist in the SIT and UAT Testing planning, execution and communication
• Liaise with technology to ensure the functional design and build requirements meet with submitted business requirements
• Lay out roadmaps and detailed project plans including key deliverables and dependencies
• Track and manage risks, issues, key decisions and escalate as appropriate
• Identify and actively manage key project/workstream dependencies
• Prepare material and lead working groups and project governing forums, Op. Model discussion and document meeting notes accordingly.
• Report and communicate on project deliverables, status, key issues, risks and open decisions as appropriate;
• Measure progress against key project metrics
• Collaborate across various Business, Operations, and Technology teams in managing and tracking project artefacts/deliverables e.g. use cases, business requirements, data flows, operating model designs, procedures etc.
• 3 – 7 years of experience in the Finance industry with minimum of 3 years in a Business Analyst role
• Have good interpersonal skills.
• Detail-oriented, results oriented and analytical skills for planning, organizing and documenting
• Ability to be proactive, independent and to multitask.
• Experience in creating process & data flows and business requirement documentation.
• Ability to setup and drive meetings and build relationship across different teams
• Proficient with core MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); Familiarity with standard PM tools (e.g.. MS Project) and with process-mapping tools (e.g. MS Visio, iGrafx, SmartDraw, etc.)
• Understanding of the financial services industry and businesses (e.g., investment banking or asset management, operations, and technology functions)
• Strong personal and professional integrity, and strong work ethics
• Understanding of data concepts, best practices and challenges associated with managing data
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships across various functions
• Comfortable working in a large organization with a broad set of stakeholders across various functions (i.e. Technology, Operations, and Finance)
• Experience in Financial market specifically within the client onboarding and maintenance functions.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.