JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The firm is on a journey to transform the way we deliver technology while continuing to foster a strong controls environment. A key enabler of this transformation is a deep understanding of the critical processes and underlying technology responsible for delivering our core products and services. The Business Process Engineering (BPE) function supports this transformation by driving firm wide understanding of the flows of connected business activities and related technology services.
The BPE function works across businesses and functions, and spans systems, employees, partners, and customers. By leveraging a combination of discovery, assessment, and automation techniques, the function provides overall management and transparency of the firm’s critical business services and related processes.
JPMorgan Chase (JPMC) is looking for an experienced individual to serve as the Software Engineering Director for this transformation initiative. The position will report to the Head of Business Process Engineering and will partner with business leaders, operations managers, technologists, and functional partners across the firm.
The individual will have overall responsibility for leading a team of software engineers to design, build, and deliver business process engineering capabilities and tooling, including significant functionality focused on data harvesting and mining, data analytics, machine learning, and user experience.
· Developing and delivering high-quality expressive software
· Driving technical innovation and efficiency through the development of tools and automation
· Reviewing and influencing architecture, designs, standards, and methods
· Participating in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning, and demand forecasting
· Partnering closely with business and technology stakeholders providing clear guidance to manage risks while enhancing critical business processes and related services
· Promoting innovative improvements across the critical processes which drive process efficiency, control optimization, and improved client experience
· Effectively managing a team of software engineers
· Operating with a strong commitment towards continuous improvement
· Assisting in maximizing investment decisions by understanding the capabilities of existing BPE solutions and aligning with business strategy
· 10+ years of software engineering and development leadership experience across technology and business aligned functions, with solid understanding of business operating practices, procedures, and controls
· Experience working with Big Data, Machine Learning, and distributed systems using technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Python, Java and Scala
· Superb communication skills with the ability to succinctly articulate complex issues
· Excellent understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies
· Strong multitasking capabilities with proven experience working within a fast-paced dynamic technology environment
· Excellent organization and presentation skills
· Experience with authentication frameworks, entitlements management, and high availability requirements while operating within multi-tenancy environments
· Experience developing business intelligence through Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, including:
o Pattern recognition, Natural Language Programming, Deep Learning, large scale data mining, predictive analytics, and process modeling
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.