This senior management position, will report to the Global Custody Application Support Manager. The successful candidate will initially help build the team in Tampa and then have hands on leadership responsibility for all the L1 and L2 Production Management activities supporting the Custody business at JPMC. In this role, they will also work closely with the Application Development and Infrastructure teams as well as the Middle Office, Client Service and Operations globally.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of global Back Office operations including Equities, Cash and Corporate Actions.
A follow-the- sun support model is in place so the Application Support Lead would be responsible for coordinating with the leads in the other regions to provide 24 x 7 x 365 coverage. Responsibilities also include the identification and use of best practices, implementation of new processes and disciplines, and management of training activities for the staff. In this role the manager will also define and negotiate Service Level Agreements for the supported applications and their interfaces and ensure that incident, problem, change management, and risk management procedures and processes are applied and followed as required.
The role requires the Application Support Lead to quickly evaluate information, engage and assist technology staff, and communicate issues to remediate and resolve production incidents efficiently and effectively. In support of incident management and problem management functions, they work closely with other groups as needed to mitigate client impacts and operate within defined SLAs.
The candidate is also accountable for developing and implementing tactical and strategic approaches to eliminate incidents, or the reoccurrence of service disruptions and continually drive process improvements.
The Application support lead is also responsible for coordinating with various Application Development groups to understand current projects and be part of the overall program delivery model, including review and acceptance of key project deliverables into production environments. They will ensure all required monitoring and training updates are completed prior to production acceptance.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Create a working environment that supports cultural variability and utilization of global resources.
- Day to day management of support team
- Interact with peer groups, stakeholders and other senior level executives
- Ensure adhoc project activities are completed within established timeframes
- Resolve high level conflicts or program issues
- Hands on support for application and platform incidents as needed.
- Ensure monitoring alerts and systems events are assessed, prioritized, and managed.
- Manage client impacting incidents including impact assessment, technical resolution, engagement, and communications.
- Ensures team complies with JPMC standards, regulations, and corporate requirements.
- Ensure optimal and adequate shift coverage.
- Drive the implementation and adherence to incident, problem, and change management practices
- Build and maintain strong relationships with JPMC technology teams and business
- Understand application functions and related up and downstream dependencies.
- Drive continuous improvement of services and processes
- Participate and/or conduct post incident reviews
- Understand and sign-off on changes going into the production environment.
- Represent Custody on MEPC Firmwide initiatives
- Manage technical bridges and/or business bridges, as required, as well as uses knowledge of support organizations to minimize MTTR (Mean Time to Recover).
- Support or lead Resiliency events (Disaster Recovery, Sustained Resiliency, etc.)
- Ensure Business Continuity objectives are met.
- Run weekly Stability call with stakeholders.
- Ensure support documentation is developed and maintained (knowledge management).
- Continuously identify proactive monitoring and health check opportunities.
- Ensure operational run books developed and kept current
- Drive the development and adherence to all Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Languages, DB, Scheduling & Utilities - JCL, Changeman, VSAM, COBOL, CICS, MQ, DB2, CA7, Control-M, Endevor, and other TSO utilities.
- Data manipulation utilities - FileAid, EZTRIEVE
- File/Message transport protocols - Transfer Experience with NDM, MQ and FTP secure transmission
- Monitoring/Alerting – Tivoli, NetCool, Geneos
- Service Now
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to build teams and set direction
- Exhibits a ‘can do’ and ‘the buck stops here’ attitude
- Ability to communicate in language that senior stakeholders understand
- Independent thinker but work well with teams
- Understands the importance of keeping stakeholders informed
- Ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran