Banking: Wholesale Lending Service – Project Management Manager– Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. JPM is comprised of four business segments, Consumer & Community Banking, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank and Asset & Wealth Management. Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) exists within Commercial Banking and provides loan servicing functions to all four JPMorgan lines of business.
At JPMorgan Chase, Commercial Banking (“CB”) serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. CB is comprised of Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries, Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries, Real Estate Banking, Commercial Term Lending and Community Development Banking.
Business Banking (“BB”), a division of Consumer and Community Banking, provides deposit, credit and cash management services to companies with up to approximately $20 million in annual revenue.
Asset & Wealth Management serves institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and individual clients through its Asset Management and Wealth Management (“WM”) businesses.
Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) exists within Commercial Banking and provides loan servicing functions to all four JPMorgan lines of business. These functions include loan documentation, closing and funding, payment and fee processing, syndication loan and trade processing, credit administration and collateral perfection and management.
The Project Manager will report to the Continuous Improvement Program Manager and will partner with Operations teams across WLS to execute continuous improvement and process reengineering efforts with a goal of improving operational efficiencies and customer experience.
- Execute process improvement analysis, identify issues, formulated actionable opportunity recommendations, design solutions, and quantify operational benefits
- Lead a series of projects and initiatives, evaluate progress and quality, manage issue resolution process, and take appropriate action as needed to ensure timely and effective project oversight
- Assist in implementing a culture and process of continuous improvement
- Integrate effective change management and training techniques to drive enhanced standardization and alignment
- Regularly engage and gain the support of functional leaders across lines of business to participate in the transformation of the end-to-end wholesale lending process to help design and deliver a best-in-class client experience across all segments
- Demonstrate ownership in managing partnerships with multiple stakeholders across business units and key business partners such as legal, compliance audit and risk in order to deliver results in a complex and matrix environment
- Develop effective presentations & project update material suitable for stakeholders & business partners regarding overall project progress and recommendations/decisions
- Coaches and mentors individuals and teams in the practical application of process improvement tools to lead projects and initiatives.
- May assist in delivering training on the use of process improvement methodologies and tools.
- Identifies common ground and leverages and shares best practices within the team and across the lines of businesses.
- Develops rigorous control plans, working closely with process owners, project champions and senior management to ensure improvement gains are sustained on a long-term basis.