As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Rates E-Trading Developer
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
The Rates eTrading team partners with several Rates and EM businesses to provide solutions for electronic trading on client markets. We are based predominantly in London and NYC but also maintain a presence in Tokyo, Sydney and Mumbai, and the businesses we support span the globe. We cover several functional domains including pricing, contribution, execution, and STP, and manage the entire SDLC. As such, we are a diverse group of project managers, business analysts, and developers (front-end and back-end). Our systems facilitate the electronic trading of many products on the client markets, the majority of which are securities and derivatives.
We are looking for a developer in Mumbai to work on several exciting projects for the global Rates and EM businesses. The projects cover both BAU and transformation initiatives, touching everything from pricing, trade negotiation to STP, and from the front-end to the back-end.
The ideal candidate would have experience working in development in markets, either at an investment bank or something similar. Other relevant development experience, however, will be considered. The candidate must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and be able to work within a team.
- Understand requirements, solve technical problems, propose complete solutions
- Design, develop and test software following standard SDLC
- Support PMs, BAs and management as a technical SME
- Define and implement non-functional requirements
- Help team identify improvements to make to our systems and processes
Qualities, Skills & Experience:
- Energetic, motivated and determined
- Pragmatic and results-oriented
- Adaptable to diverse set of technical responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Productive and able to manage time effectively
Technical skills - Must:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong knowledge of Java
- SQL, Unix
- TIBCO RV, LBM, JMS or other messaging middleware
- Distributed caches
- Electronic trading systems
Technical skills - Good to Have:
- KDB+ or other tick databases
Not a must be with below experience will be a plus
- Worked on electronic trading in Fixed-Income or Equities
- Worked closely with trader and business partner
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
©2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.