Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America's households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,200 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
The Competitive Intelligence Sr. Associate is responsible for tracking the activities of the overall market, specific competitors and providing activity updates, threat and opportunity assessments. This individual supports the development of new plans, programs, or products through findings and fact based interpretations of competitive and market intelligence. The focus of this role will be to support the business in understanding the changing payments landscape, digital and mobile initiatives in financial services and new developments in Fintech.
This position is responsible for coordinating, maintaining, leading, and managing projects and processes and is responsible for managing budget, vendor relationships, and internal partnerships. This is a high visibility role providing intelligence in support of strategic partnerships, product development, and senior leadership presentations.
- Synthesize multiple sources of secondary research to provide an evidence-based point of view on go-forward strategies
- Identify and communicate insights and implications regarding consumer and market trends, competitive forces, and competitor strategies
- Translate findings into recommendations that impact strategic and tactical business decisions
- Proactively share out intelligence findings and reports to relevant JPMC business partners
- Prioritize and manage ad hoc requests
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in specific Chase products & competitors
Research and Analysis
- Facilitate competitive intelligence needs assessments with business partners
- Lead research development design, data collection, and analysis for competitive intelligence projects
- Perform competitive assessments and analysis of unstructured problems; may collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and define the underlying business issue, as appropriate
- Promote and apply competitive intelligence analytical methodologies to identify industry issues and derive related implications
- Proactively identify issues of concern and disseminate findings to appropriate parties
- Must independently, under minimal supervision, manage/perform multiple complex work assignments
- A critical piece of this role will be the ability to successfully leverage sources and external consultants/analysts to develop work product; the ability to communicate needs, expectations, and feedback should be demonstrated
- Responsible for yearly contract negotiations and management and budget management for the CI team