JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, commercial banking, financial services for small business and consumers, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Wholesale Credit Risk Regulatory & Strategy team is responsible for the strategic coordination and development of solutions in response to credit risk regulatory matters and requests for the global Wholesale Bank. The group focuses on both emerging regulations and developed credit risk issues, which require strategic changes to existing processes with responsibilities for conceptualizing and designing new products, reengineering existing products and business processes to achieve business efficiencies, regulatory compliance and enable enhanced data collection and controls across the firm’s Wholesale business units.
Working directly with the Wholesale lines of business and critical corporate functions, the team partnerships closely with key stakeholders in Credit Risk Management, Corporate Technology, Finance, Model Research and Development, Regulatory Capital Management Office, Reporting and Wholesale Loan Operations to develop, implement and ensure understanding and acceptance of solutions.
The team is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to take on responsibilities as the data lead in the firm’s Wholesale financial program. The primary objectives of the financials program are:
- Establish an authoritative data repository for financial data across all Wholesale business units
- Implement spreading functionality into the firms integrated credit environment to provide a unified spreading solution for all Wholesale business units
- Automate the distribution of financial data to consuming processes and applications
- Leverage credit support organizations and offshore centers of excellence to increase efficiency to the financial spreading process
- Implement an effective governance model for managing Wholesale client financial data
The data lead will manage a small team focused on the following core activities:
- Data Sourcing. Sourcing financial data from third party data providers and migrating data from internal applications to the firms centralized financial data repository.
- Financials Data Management. Contribute to the establishment of a governance structure to control and manage wholesale client financial data.
- Data Dictionary & Documentation. Develop and manage the financials data dictionary supporting documentation as the authoritative record of financial data to support business and technology representatives alike.
- Data Analysis. Perform data analysis to support the needs of the Wholesale financial program.
- Perform analysis and document business requirements for sourcing data from third party data providers and internal applications
- Develop detailed specifications to translate business requirements into user stories for technology and application development
- Active management and updates to the Wholesale financial dictionary
- Set-up of a data management and governance structure for sourcing, distributing and managing wholesale client financial data
- Design and implementation of an effective change management and intake process for financial data requirements
- Management of wholesale financial data demand
- Serve as point person for wholesale financial data related questions and requests
- Represent the Wholesale Credit Risk Regulatory & Strategy team in various data governance forums and data related strategic initiatives
- Participate in quality assurance and user acceptance testing of the product roll-out, including testing of functional and non-functional requirements and financial spreading templates
- Bachelors or higher degree
- Business analysis experience with superior attention to detail, strong documentation skills and fluency in data analysis required
- Data strategy, data governance and data management experience required
- Experience with software development and/or product development lifecycle required
- Experience establishing, participating and contributing to data management forums required
- Requires fluency with SQL and Microsoft Office suite, including proficiency with Excel
- Critical thinking is a must, with ability to understand and document complex problem and develop solutions
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbal and written communications with ability to effectively present to large audiences
- Requires strong interpersonal skills needed for working in a team environment
- Ability to grasp large amounts of information, and a curiosity to ask appropriate questions to fully develop business and functional requirements
- Requires experience managing or contributing to the delivery of complex projects in large organizations
- Preferred experience in credit risk management with knowledge of the use of financial data through the credit risk lifecycle with experience analyzing financial statements
- Preferred project management experience