J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
As part of a major global investment group, we are committed to providing specialist teams with the resources needed to deliver successful products and performance to our clients. The Emerging Market Asia Pacific Group (EMAP), together with the local presence of the Global Portfolios Group, Global Multi Asset Group and Global Fixed Income Groups, forms the core of JPMAM's operations. In addition to the knowledge and experience of our individual investment professionals, the stability of the team has enabled JPMAM to develop strong relationships with local clients.
We are looking for an Equity Research Analyst to work closely with our Greater China portfolio management team, whereby you will contribute ideas and research to country and regional funds.
The candidate can be located in 3 different locations : Taiwan / Hong Kong / ShangHai
Key responsibilities include:
• Detailed research and analysis of individual stocks and sectors across Greater China tech and industrials
• Building and maintaining fully integrated financial forecast models based on management meetings and other forms of primary research
• In-depth analysis of industry and competitive dynamics
• Assessing governance and political risks
• Formulating and articulating investment views and recommendations--both in detailed written reports and oral presentations
• Stock idea generation and monitoring macro, market, and company developments
• Providing input into portfolio construction and asset allocation decision-making
• Holder of a good University degree
• Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience, including detailed financial modeling in Excel
• Preference for experience and track record in stock research/analysis/recommendations
• Investment and market knowledge, particularly the sectors highlighted above (preference for tech)
• Strong financial knowledge and analytical skills
• Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
• Superior communication skills and adept at dealing with colleagues at all levels
• Excellent general/report writing and presentation skills (in English)