J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Markets and Investor Services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. Managing $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The CIB Global Regulatory Risk and Controls (GRR&C) team is part of the wider CIB CAO Controls department and have responsibility for providing oversight, leadership and management across the global CIB regulatory landscape. The remit covers advocacy, regulatory change, the XODS strategic reporting program and regulatory control framework with cross LOB regulatory projects and oversight responsibility across a range of regulatory obligations.
The role is within the regulatory controls team which is responsible for providing control oversight, leadership and management across a range of cross line of business regulatory obligations and driving regulatory reporting global strategic solutions. The role will include design considerations in preparation for January 2018 go live for Markets in Financial Instruments Directive Regulation (MiFID/R) and ongoing oversight and governance of the MIFID/R post trade operating models.
This role is located in London or Bournemouth and will include solutions on the CIB CAO strategic regulatory reporting platform (xODS/Grace) and provides this opportunity to develop strategic controls and operating models.
The role will have responsibility for a significant body of deliverables which will deliver measurable value to the business and have a positive impact on the CIB regulatory reporting risk profile. This role provides both a breadth and depth of execution and exposure to the CIB CAO organisation with extensive cross functional and cross business partnership and the opportunity to develop a best in class reporting platform. The role will also have strategic design elements through 2017 and ongoing oversight ensuring the appropriate management of the MIFID/R operating model.
Lead MiFID/R Post Trade control requirements and design across transaction reporting, post trade transparency, systemic internaliser, execution venue and other associated MIFID/R reporting requirements
Partnership with key stakeholders including Program Managers, LOB contacts, Technology and Global Controls teams in understanding solution designs
Develop the strategic regulatory reporting architecture (XODS / GRACE) through strategic control management and oversight through the delivery of MIFID/R
Design and implement MIFD/R cross LOB operating model - Work in partnership with the GRR&C teams to implement consistent, effective Operating Model
Ongoing management of MiFID/R Operating model including issue and event management, chair governance forums, drive cross LOB controls to BAU levels through key MIS
Manage vendor relationships
Primary point of contract for regulator
Work closely on other related agendas as directed through the Controls agenda e.g. regulatory reporting risk assessment cycles, OLO etc.
- Previous experience within regulatory reporting – preferably MIFID
- Experience within at least one asset class understanding product knowledge and the trade life cycle
- Have experience of working in a control environment and designing and delivering control solutions - regulatory reporting controls a plus
- Able to operate across businesses and functions with strong partnership skills to drive delivery
- Team player with ability to build & maintain productive working relationships with colleagues globally at all levels and across functions in order to achieve results
- Previous management experience an advantage
- Ability to prioritize and communicate to executive management and other key stakeholders regarding issues, resolution plans and expectations
- Strong organizational & planning skills
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the changing regulatory environment and its impact on the industry in which the CIB operate
- Strong data management skills plus Excel and PowerPoint skills required
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.