Corporate Risk Control Officer – Vice President
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world - and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
The Oversight and Control Group’s primary function is to solidify an effective Firmwide control framework, looking within and across the lines of business, to identify and remediate control issues with a sense of urgency regardless of the source. The Team will partner with all other control disciplines, adding an additional line of defense supporting Compliance, Risk and Audit, among others. The Team will work in partnership on the development of new, and oversight of existing, control functions and protocols throughout the Firm and will provide a centralized view of and from all control functions, assisting in immediate, real time problem detection and escalation. This process will enable the firm to engage the appropriate teams in a timely manner, and provide the ability to quickly remediate critical control issues across all the impacted areas of the firm. While ultimate responsibility for the effectiveness of the control environment rests with the LOB CEO’s and the Corporate Function Heads, the Oversight & Control Team will partner closely with the Audit and Risk Committees, the Operating Committee, and the Board of Directors of JP Morgan Chase, and all Lines of Business, Legal, Compliance and Technology as well as other groups within the Firm.
Oversight & Control Group will have team members globally across the US, EMEA, Asia and Latin America, and as such, will bring a global perspective and globally coordinated approach to compliance oversight.
The below describes the duties performed by an individual working within this group, specifically supporting the Risk function.
- Coordinate the annual Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) processes across Risk in accordance with policies and standards. This would include all aspects of the RCSA lifecycle: risk and control identification, risk assessment and ranking (inherent and residual risk analysis), control evaluation (evidence, findings & conclusions) and rating, and reporting and analysis of results.
- Perform analyses of common and recurring control weaknesses, and monitor results and trends in other relevant indicators across Risk to identify
- Promote consistency in approaches to assess and evaluate risks and controls that are common in nature among the various Risk functions across the firm.
- Lead in testing to evaluate effectiveness of controls
- Evaluate, analyze and track all open action plans to insure owners are making progress toward planned completion dates using FORCE System.
- Maintenance (scoping, testing, and documentation) of the Sarbanes-Oxley program for Risk.
- Coordinate senior management meetings and prepare related materials.
- Strong background with the Financial Services Industry
- Knowledge of implementing effective control environments, understanding of systematic processes for identifying and escalating risk and control weaknesses desired.
- Have solid prior control testing experience
- Outstanding ability to analyze problems and keen attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) with high degree of comfort communicating with internal senior management
- Ability to coordinate issues, findings and practices with colleagues across regions and/or divisions.
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and proposing solutions
- Excellent team player - one who is able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment.
- Specific knowledge of JPMC’s Risk & Control Self-Assessment, action plan tracking and other control processes a plus.
- BA/BS in related field, CPA/MBA/Advanced Degree preferred but not required
- 7+ years of experience in financial services or related field
- Previous experience in Risk Management, Compliance, Surveillance, Internal/External Audit or other control function desired.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to aggregate data, identify root causes and help drive Action Plans to closure
- Strong business judgment and excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong project management skills; ability to gain consensus among staff and drive initiatives to completion effectively
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Basic knowledge of securities markets, businesses and products offered by major financial institutions, as well as basic working knowledge of securities and exchange rules and regulations desired.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required.