About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients’ needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 150 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world – and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan Investor Services combines Financing & Custody, Custody & Fund Services, and Clearing, Collateral Management and Execution under a common umbrella. These businesses occupy top-tier competitive positions; the combination provides an expanded, integrated and best-in-class suite of end-to end capabilities. Investor Services employs more than 14,000 people around the world and generates more than $6 Billion in annual revenue.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $20 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Role & Responsibilities:
The role focuses specifically on Custody Middle Office Strategy & business analysis needs for Custody business & Middle office strategic initiatives. The Custody business is driving an aggressive agenda to enhance client experience. This requires assimilating the large number of ideas generated at all levels (primarily by Middle Office, Product development) into a structured framework. The right amount of rigor in documenting / governing initiatives is important to enable targeted decision making.
- Manage and execute complex projects and ensure that project deliverables are met with the appropriate due diligence and system integration relating to Custody & Asset Servicing
- Working with a team partners with a number of groups including the front office, product development, middle office, core operations, technology, finance, and works closely with US and Asia stakeholders on global initiatives
- Provide transparency with the execution of a communication plan on project delivery as it related to being on schedule, on budget with proper risk mitigation
- Partner with above mentioned teams to ensure project meets expected results
- Identify and facilitate issue resolutions and escalate where applicable
- Business process re-engineering
- Help analyze system infrastructure and existing process flows to determine gaps or opportunities for productivity
- Documenting business requirements by working with the operations and client facing teams within Middle office. The individual should be able to articulate the business requirements clearly to technology and product development teams.
- Monitor, track and report project milestones and timeline
- Participating in meetings at the operational and project level, providing continuous feedback on project status, UAT Management
- Understanding the business, products and infrastructure
- Understanding the control environment
- Supporting business units in the development and execution of acceptance test plans for a successful implementation
- Lead and manage projects related to all of the above & help the business manage their strategic development plans and budgets
- Ability to represent team in key senior Project Delivery meetings
- Produce summary presentations and overview materials for program stakeholders
- Understand resiliency planning, Budget and Headcount forecasting
We are looking for candidates with the following characteristics:
- Custody product & process knowledge
- Minimum 1 year Client Service or Middle Office (Custody/Prime Brokerage) experience preferred
- A track record of involvement in change program implementing new business processes and controls
- Good balance between analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Candidates with prior experience for implementing projects leveraging Robotics and Block chain technology are preferred.
- Ability to face off to very demanding stakeholders, managing their expectations
- Strong understanding of the trades transaction lifecycle, Cash Management and Corporate Actions
- Excellent problem solving skills to identify, understand and address operational and technical issues
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop relationships across the various stakeholders including senior business executives
- Motivated and able to deliver with minimal supervision, whilst working effectively in a team
- Strong experience of working on large scale, multi-stream programs with proven track record in streamlining operational process to reduce operating costs and/or increase processing capacity.
- Candidate must have a control focused agenda, and a thorough understanding of program/project risk
- Ability to work closely with business partners and interact with all staff levels
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work Strategic thinking coupled with practical execution Strong analytical and problem solving skills including taking the initiative to drive change and enhance controls
- Ability to manage a changing business landscape Anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to ensure results Self-starter and ability to learn quickly
People and Communication:
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills including the ability to communicate strategic messages clearly and consistently with the team, making linkages to individual goals and accomplishments
- Strong relationship management and partnership with a large array of constituents
- Ability to manage by influence to promote change leadership with proven ability to manage by influence to promote change Proactive in identifying and escalating issues
- Ability to partner in a virtual team environment across multiple locations
Business and Subject Matter Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of asset servicing (corporate actions & dividends)
- Strong knowledge of project life cycle and its critical control points.
- Financial markets product knowledge and understanding of the transaction lifecycle
- Subject matter expertise in Custody and Prime brokerage products
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Projects, a PMP license a plus Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.