J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Risk & Forecasting Solutions
Corporate Technology is responsible for the technology platform and integration with J.P. Morgan's risk systems to provide risk managers with capability to assess impact of various market scenarios at a firm wide level. The team has a large book of work comprising of many strategic and tactical projects to enhance the system capabilities and continue with integration efforts with the firm's risk systems along with the reduction of offline manual processes.
Within the Risk & Finance Technology Organization, CAMPS (Country Risk, CPG, Asset Management, Market Risk, Prime Brokerage, Principal Risk & Stress) is responsible for producing large scale risk calculation systems, including VaR, Counterparty Risk, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Country Risk, Asset Management Risk, Prime Brokerage Risk as well as Stress test calculation.
This is a unique opportunity to join the newly formed Calculator Team, established to help achieve an integrated Risk & Finance Technology landscape with resilient infrastructure that can deliver risk calculation platforms (VAR and Stress numbers) to support business growth and regulatory requirements. The team is responsible for performing several key functions such as developing key pieces of the platform, improving technical consistency, SDLC and testing practices. The Calc Team is a global team spread across New York, Glasgow and Bangalore.
As a Senior Application Developer you will design, develop, test and document applications as part of our ongoing initiatives to develop a new generation of risk calculation engines and will be responsible for overseeing the application development process including planning, designing, testing and implementation of maintenance enhancements, support, remediating of control breaks, infrastructure gaps and various planned and unplanned business requests in Bangalore.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical leadership to development team
- Driving innovation and identifying opportunities for change and improvement within the existing application(s) to increase stability and simplify the platform
- Establishing working relationships with all the application teams and key team members and across the technology organization
- Adhering to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporating Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications
- Leading planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline proposed IT solutions
- Creating technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications
- Implementing and testing modifications to existing application modules in accordance with application support and industry standard
- Ensuring that all production changes are processed according to Change Management policies and procedures
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience ( 8 - 12 years of IT work experience, financial industry preferred but will consider a strong candidate from other industries)
- 8+ years of overall software development experience. Solid object oriented programming experience (e.g. Java, C++) or Python
- 5+ years of experience with SQL, database design and query optimization
- Demonstrated application design, analysis, development and testing experience
- Must be passionate about delivering robust software that meets quality, product and project requirements.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills- the ability to think out of the box to provide creative solutions to technology challenges
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work successfully in a cross-functional environment
- Strong teamwork, be a self-starter with ability to work independently and work on projects with minimal direct supervision
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures