Vice President, Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries – Midwest & Canada – Toronto, Canada
Description: This position is a corporate banking relationship management role in Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries with responsibilities for client coverage, business development and deal execution. We anticipate this individual will have direct client coverage responsibility, as well as, support of senior bankers to cover a broader group of clients. The primary tasks are to 1) generate new business opportunities, 2) provide support to help manage and retain existing relationships, and 3) represent our banking franchise in the Canadian markets.
The Midwest & Canada team is part of Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries which is a line of business within JP Morgan’s Commercial Bank. The business is responsible for managing corporate relationships for public and private companies with revenues of $500 million and above. We are responsible for providing all of the firm’s services, either directly or indirectly, to our clients. Our primary areas of focus are lending, treasury services and investment banking. We advise clients and prospects as they seek to raise debt and equity capital in the public and private markets. We also advise clients on domestic and international treasury solutions.
This position will be based in Toronto and will include coverage responsibility for companies throughout Canada. Our coverage partners include investment bankers and product specialists from the Corporate & Investment bank (IB Coverage, Syndications, Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, M&A, etc.), as well as, treasury specialists and credit underwriters.
This position requires strong corporate finance, credit, and transaction execution skills, as well as, proven relationship management talents. The candidate must be capable of driving business independently and have demonstrated leadership to manage a deal team for preparation of marketing materials and transaction execution ensuring coordination among junior staff.
Specific responsibilities and required skills are listed below.
· Proactively market to clients and prospects; represent CCBSI’s Midwest & Canada Banking Group in the local banking and business communities and develop a network of referral sources
· Work with senior bankers to help retain and generate new revenue opportunities (corporate finance, treasury services and credit) either from prospects or existing clients
· Identify, pursue and close sales opportunities for a broad range of financial products and services
· Manage complex, multi-product client relationships as the primary relationship manager
· Coordinate the sales and service efforts of multiple internal business partners
· Collaborate with credit underwriting team on analysis, structuring, negotiation, and documentation of credit requests
· Strictly comply with all regulatory and JMPC rules, policies, and procedures
· Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as an outstanding Client/Relationship Manager selling corporate finance or corporate/commercial banking products and services
· Knowledge of credit, corporate finance, treasury, investment banking, and other banking products
· Strong leadership abilities in financial services sales and business development
· Solid credit, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communications abilities
· Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment and good problem solving skills
· Transaction execution experience
· Deal team management experience
· Self-motivated and dependable
· Candidate must be a top individual contributor, with a strong performance track record
· Completion of a recognized bank credit training program or investment banking training program
· Ideally, but not required, possess FINRA Series 79 and 63 securities licenses
· Undergrad degree required; MBA preferred.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.