About JPMorgan Chase & Co.: J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader in Banking. The world’s corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank supports our clients around the world providing strategic advice, raising capital and managing risk.
The Markets Execution team is responsible for assessing emerging trends, technologies, electronic platforms, potential partnerships and build digital products – that could transform the way we, and our clients, do business. Our team consists of product managers, designers and business representatives. The team is thoughtful in balancing due diligence with speed to market and creativity with discipline in order to produce best-in-class, efficient, thoughtful digital solutions for our clients.
The objective of the Markets Execution Product Incubation team is to provide an approach for new product opportunities and it does this in two ways:
Partner with businesses to co-create new products by removing the friction for product development through sharing of knowledge, approach and methodologies
Test viability of new opportunities/ ideas without disrupting existing business priorities and develop emerging technology fueled products with clients through rapid prototyping
The candidate will play a key role in scaling the product incubation function by driving and managing new product development opportunities in partnership with businesses.
A strong candidate will have product management expertise, an analytical mindset, design thinking and workshop facilitation skills, technical knowledge and collaborative techniques, with an understanding of User Experience (UX) principles. Experience in the Markets business is a must
- Work to understand and solve complex business problems by collaborating with the wider team in brainstorming sessions and the creation of impactful end user experiences
- Understand the business areas’ goals and lead cross-functional teams to envision new innovative products, product concepts; translating them into a logically sequenced and optimized roadmap
- Gather information on the business area’s processes, critical success factors, and competitive standing through interviews and research
- Partner closely with UX to prepare for, coordinate and run product development workshops; able to synthesize workshop discussion into meaningful output and next steps
Collaborate with Business, Technology and UX stakeholders through incubation initiatives to fully capture the viability, feasibility and desirability of product
- Articulate a solid business case for new product development considering scope, benefits, risk and dependencies through to technical delivery and implementation options
- Participate in technology architecture workshops and project planning/delivery activities
Establish relationships with Sales, Trading, Business and Clients to ensure that customer feedback helps inform the product strategy
Source, research and explore transformational ideas, partnering with business stakeholders to assess opportunities, creating proof of concepts, piloting and establishing solutions towards production
Develop detailed product requirements, user stories and specifications for new product concepts, however, also work in an agile manner with technology team in partnership on development.
- Able to autonomously prepare for and confidently facilitate product development workshops
- Experience being part of product strategy, design and technology engagements
- A demonstrable passion for great product development and digital design
- Strong track record in liaising with and collaborating with stakeholders
- Excellent written competency and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability and an analytical mindset
- Results driven with ability to work in a team environment and independently
Comfortable with presenting and public speaking
Able to articulate and present ideas/proposals to senior business and technical leads, etc.
Can handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures
- Front Office experience in the Markets business is a must with expertise in trade-order lifecycle and trade management/operations for several product-areas
- Commercially-focused and entrepreneurial
- Prior Product Management, Project Management or Business Analysis experience
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation
Team player, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Organization skills, be able to prioritize task based on priority level
- 5+ years of relevant experience