The Stock Borrow Loan (SBL) desk is part of the Prime
Finance Organization. SBL undertakes various trade structures ranging
from short coverage, financing, conduit lending, dividend yield
enhancement and the facilitation of longer-term non-standard structured
deals. To support this, SBL borrows stock from counterparties based in
various countries around the world and flows this stock through multiple
legal entities onto the relevant risk entity.
The Stock Borrow Loan Middle
office's main function is to facilitate and control the end to end life
cycle of Equity Borrow / Loan activity for the Investment Bank in EMEA.
Liaison with external counterparties & traders on a day-to-day basis
is the key to success. Trade support and collateral (cash and stock)
management are the main functions of the team along with the control and
clearance of all exceptions and cash flows that the trade lifecycle
creates (cash wash , nostro , GLRS, monthly billing)
The SBL Middle Office analyst’s role is to ensure the below is covered on a daily basis.
- Supporting the Prime Brokerage flow between Stock Borrow Loan and the Prime client base.
- Supporting the wider Trade Management and
Tri-party collateral management process. Managing bank exposure on an
Intercompany and street basis.
- Manage counterparty relationships and drive quarterly reviews to improve relationship.
- Support the daily requirements of the SBL Flow (Short Cover)/ IMG and Collateral desks.
- Liaison with clients, counterparties and traders to investigate & resolve any trade exceptions
- Reconciliation & investigation of all key controls within the trade life-cycle.
- Production of daily MIS
- Participation in the Equilend on-boarding agenda to increase the automation of the reconciliation process.
- Support the FCA and CASS reporting requirements.
- Support the new and incremental client onboarding agenda, working
with KYC, Legal and Credit team.
- Well motivated and enthusiastic
- Interested in joining an operations team or expanding current experience
- Some securities operational experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to develop relationships with clients, the front office and a variety of other contacts with operations areas
- Highly numeric person with excellent attention to detail in all areas.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment, meeting tight deadlines on daily basis
- Strong written & oral communication skills
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.