Wealth Management Operations – Client Onboarding Project Manager
J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Wealth Management (WM) is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Introduction to Role
The global focus on Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) and Know Your Client (“KYC”) requirements is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. WM established a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in onboarding clients with special attention to meeting regulatory AML and KYC requirements.
JP Morgan is currently seeking an experienced Business Analyst to play an integral part in the overall management of the risk and controls agenda and for understanding business impacts of core risk and controls initiatives.
The Project Manager supports Client Onboarding in the management and execution of all strategic projects and initiatives for the Client Onboarding organization. The Project Manager will gather and compile information and assist with the timely execution and completion of projects, key risk initiatives and deliverables, which require coordination and communication among various stakeholders. The primary focus will be to support business as usual risk mitigation and key initiatives related to core risk management responsibilities, KYC Standards, Forms, and Appendix implementation requirements and associated executive reporting requirements.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders, including but not limited to business and operational teams, Legal, Compliance, Business Management, Oversight & Control, Audit, Business Initiative Leaders, project teams and Technology on fulfilling responsibilities of the Client Onboarding Risk and Controls team.
- Define control agenda and business strategy; monitor and track risk and control priorities, and roadmap.
- Developing process flows for strategic initiatives and assisting in the development of operating models.
- Researching and documenting current state processes and applying appropriate changes to support business requests/needs
- Conduct GAP analysis; identify key areas of risk or concern and impact to the business.
- Implement and support a plan to achieve the operational risk management goals of the business, including monitoring and reporting requirements
- Communicating issues effectively through project implementation
- Assist with anomalies identified in control reports requiring action
- Facilitate meetings; prepare documentation, and meeting minutes, as necessary.
- Actively engaging in project requirement meetings; influencing requirements through analysis; providing thoughtful input to ensure business needs are met; identifying and documenting project gaps, impacts, and risks
- Escalating project issues and risks appropriately
- Managing work streams, small projects and other program initiatives with moderate to low supervision
- Document and write business project plans
- Create and support various management reporting tools, including scorecards, weekly executive summaries, and other executive reporting needs.
- Communication management – develop monthly business review, presentations for senior audiences, content for Town Hall meetings, and communication plans for stakeholder engagement.