J.P. Morgan's Investment Banking Healthcare Coverage Group provides a full range of investment banking services to numerous clients based in the UK. Its clients include many of the world's leading firms in their respective industries. The Group's primary focus is on delivering creative solutions to clients for mergers and acquisitions and equity and debt capital raising, as well as delivering day to day Corporate Broking services for core client relationships.
In Investment Banking, you will work with top-tier professionals at the heart of a leading global investment bank. Our Associates are the anchors of each team and are expected to make a personal impact right from the start. You will work on some of the biggest deals in investment banking, interact with clients almost immediately, travel for the firm and handle increasingly important responsibilities.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed; we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
As an Investment Banking Associate, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Participating in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations
• Having a working knowledge of the relevant industry sectors and the Firm's product and service offerings. This person will be expected to develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and will work alongside senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions
• Playing a leadership role in implementing the execution function including working with analysts and associates, as well as assisting more senior bankers
• Playing an important role in the development of the firm, the Healthcare group and their capabilities
• Participating in building the business over the long term by developing individual expertise in an appropriate industry and contributing to enhancing the J.P. Morgan franchise.
You will gain exposure to IB coverage professionals in other offices worldwide, as well as work with various product coverage teams worldwide.
The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following personal and professional attributes:
• Prior Healthcare investment banking experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
• Very strong quantitative and analytical skills (including Excel modelling and valuation work)
• Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines, and have the aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and to develop innovative solutions
• Candidate needs to be adaptable, able to manage projects independently and be ready to assume a high level of responsibility as a member of a team
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
• Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
• Excellent understanding of financial, legal and reputational risks facing large integrated investment banks in today's environment
• Strong intellectual curiosity
• Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive
• Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications.
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.