The CFS / DCC Product Manager in Shanghai is the senior product executive for the Settlement Agent Product in that location with ultimate responsibility for the overall service in that location, specifically as it relates to the transaction processing and asset servicing of securities held in that market under the Settlement Agent Product.
The Product Manager is responsible to see that the present and future product offering keeps pace with client expectations, market regulations and J P Morgan policies. The Settlement Agent License is held by the CEM group but the nature of the product demands a knowledge of securities back-office processing in order to meet client expectations. For that reason the reporting line will be through the Direct Custody as part of the Custody and Funds Services organisation.
- Lead, develop and execute the product strategy in line with the overall global direction of the CEM group and the CFS product
- Manage relationships effectively with all relevant Market Infrastructures and Regulators
- Overall ownership of all documentation related to the product
- Ensure all clients are fully satisfied with the JPM service through responsible relationship management and client engagement.
- Plan and deliver a co-ordinated program of innovative market information that is delivered to clients efficiently and in a variety of formats.
- Co-ordination across Operations, Service and Technology to ensure an agenda for product development is delivered in line with the overall strategy YOY.
- Partner with Compliance to ensure the product operates within the parameters of the regulatory environment
- Ensure a focus on Risk and Controls across the business where issues are identified, escalated and managed effectively and transparently
- Plan, develop and deliver solutions that deliver tangible benefits to end customers of JPM.
- Full support of the end-to-end sales process
- Be a principled leader in aspects of culture and conduct.
- Minimum of 5 years custody experience in the China equity / fixed income markets with detailed knowledge of the market participants, local regulations, product nuances, client requirements and market practice, all of which can be practically demonstrated through existing relationships, past experience and previous achievements.
- A strong preference for any candidate who (in addition to the above) has had experience in other securities markets
- Fully fluent in business Mandarin and English
- Strong record on ability to deliver and manage change.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with a capability to deliver concise clear messages.
- Proven ability to manage teams both as their direct manager but also across support areas as part of overall delivery of objectives.
- A strong understanding of the regulatory environment, its evolution and ongoing impact on the custody product.
Characteristics of the Potential Candidate
- Will be a confident and driven character who has an ability to deal with people and teams at all levels and can manage to enlist their support for key initiatives.
- The nature of the business means it is essential that they can cover a variety of activities over a period of time and ensure that focus is prioritised appropriately
- A key differentiator for the product is local market expertise and the individual needs to be established as a significant market participant with a clear responsibility to represent our clients in market discussions / topics / seminars / consultations. In addition these developments need to be communicated to clients in a way that ensures they remain interesting and topical.
- A keen understanding of the competitive environment should ensure the individual can clearly assess the J P Morgan product and its relative position Vs other service providers in the market
- The Settlement Agent Product is always at the core of a number of services, including Global Custody, FX, Funds Administration, Cash Management and it is essential that the individual will ensure over a period of time that they develop an understanding of the links with these other areas and the relationship they have with Direct Custody.
- The Direct Custody product team is a relatively small operating in a number of widely distributed geographic locations. There is a need for the candidate to have a flexible work approach that accepts the challenges of DCC are to be shared across the team to ensure all members broaden their experience.