The Consumer and Community Banking Mission Control Analyst within Production Management is responsible for technical support of production applications and infrastructure.
Mission Control Analyst handles all support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users. This is a critical role requiring a highly dedicated individual who can take ownership and provide procedural and technical support to various teams and work in partnership with internal/external stakeholders.
In addition to driving resolution of day-to-day issues, major incidents, and outages to resolution, the Mission Control Analyst will work hand-in-hand with application development, infrastructure and implementation teams.
The ideal candidate should be detail oriented, have strong verbal and written communication skills, able to multi task and can work independently and is a team performer. You should also have a proactive approach to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outage.
The Mission Control analysts will be pivotal as we transform to Agile/DevOps model , some of the areas of work will include automation, monitoring (alerting/logging), deployment and continuous integration working closely with our AD/Infrastructure partners.
- Manage/recover all P1 related incidents impacting Enterprise Systems
- Monitor production activities/processes to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources, and executives.
- Ensures information controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across all environments.
- Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to policy, procedures, and production monitoring.
- Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical staff, end users and clients.
- Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution.
- Demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance.
- Manage day to day issues including daily health checks of applications and processes, working closely with end users, development staff and Infrastructure teams, to prioritize and resolve and/or mitigate outages.
Selected candidate(s) will work one of the following shifts:
- 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday + Alternating Wednesdays
- 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday, Saturday + Alternating Wednesdays
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Production Support/Engineering with a technical background in one or more of the following:
- Distributed Applications (Oracle, SQL, SQL Server, UNIX, Linux, Java, Java servlets and JSP, Spring, Hibernate, SOAP, web services etc.)
- Apache/Tomcat/WebSphere and WebLogic
- UNIX shell, Perl, Python, Ruby or similar scripting languages.
- 3+ years’ experience utilizing scheduler software such Control-M or Autosys
- Knowledge of Splunk, WILY, Geneos, Dynatrace is a plus.
- Strong analytical & trouble shooting skills required.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery planning and test execution.
- Knowledge working in Scrum/Kanban is a plus.
- Experience supporting mission-critical platforms/applications desirably in financial services industry
- Must be detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to the team and the customers.
- Must be able to work calmly and effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while balancing competing priorities
- Must have “Can do” attitude which can identify problems, take ownership, and provide solutions.
- Must Possess excellent trouble-shooting skills, and the drive to help internal/external customers.
- Must demonstrate sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information, ability to reach sound decisions quickly.
- Must demonstrate creativity, innovation and high performance
- Must be willing to work shift based follow the sun model.