JPMorgan Asset & Wealth Management is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive investment managers. We are a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. We have a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies along with investment professionals operating in every major world market, offering investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
The Asset Management business is a leader across a broad range of core and alternative strategies, comprised of 1,300 investment professionals providing more than 350 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity.
AM Operations Strategy & Transformation is a dedicated internal consulting group with a mandate to lead critical strategic transformation efforts focused on the business’ most urgent needs. Key objectives include helping Operations leaders across regions make decisions that result in more efficient processes, greater client impact, and an improved bottom line. Typical engagements include:
• Strategic Planning
• Operating Models
• Functional Reviews and Transformation
• Location Strategy
• Organization Design & Governance
• Capability Build-out
As a Program Manager in the Operations function, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful design and execution of high priority efficiency initiatives.
This is a VP position, and you will report directly to the Head of Strategy and Transformation for Asset Management Operations.
This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership and supporting a business that has ambitious long term plans for growth in a highly competitive, complex environment. Additionally, the position will be responsible for leading key initiatives, such as project management efforts for implementing the AM Operations location strategy plan. Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with senior Operations leaders across regions to implement location strategy solution:
- Manage execution of project plans and maintain accountability for the project outcomes and realization of benefits
- Develop deployment strategy for steady state operations, manage project scope, oversee coordination of activities, facilitate issue resolution, and identify project risks
- Establish and manage appropriate governance, leadership and resources around all aspects of initiatives (e.g. people, technology, regulatory, compliance, financial)
- Ensure effective communication and escalation on overall program status, implementation plans, management issues, priorities and risks
- Monitor and enhance the control processes surrounding Operations functions to proactively manage risk
- Develop, implement & monitor performance metrics to ensure the quality and efficiency in implementing the initiatives
- Ensure that the initiatives maximize impact and effectiveness while meeting financial targets
- Develop and execute the strategy to build scalable processes that will improve the client experience, operational control and efficiency
- Work closely with business partners and other operational leaders and be able to influence business decisions from an Operations perspective
- Proactively lead the people agenda including resource planning, talent management, professional skills development, performance management & diversity
- Partner closely with global & regional managers to establish consistency and best practices
- Align the function to maximize impact and effectiveness while meeting financial targets
- Establish and maintain a profile as an Operations leader both inside and outside of the firm
Skills & Competencies
The successful candidate will be a demonstrated leader with a proactive, hands-on management approach and strong operational skills:
- Prior experience in project management and implementation of large strategic initiatives with significant technology and operational component
- Strong sense of prioritization & ability to execute against deliverables. Able to take personal accountability for projects & issue resolution
- Extensive experience driving process change and efficiencies in a growing business – strong focus on execution and delivery against objectives
- Analytic problem solver with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with the business, operations, technology & other key stakeholders and work effectively in a matrix organization
- Understanding of the investment process and associated market practices with the ability to think strategically about how to create business led solutions
- Product knowledge of Investment management product offerings e.g., Mutual Funds, etc.
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Financial and budgeting skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/other related field required; MBA or an advanced degree from a top-tier program a plus