About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.Description
Establish and lead the Operations team devoted to the day-to-day processing of Registry and CIP transactions into the Fund Accounting and TA systems, and associated reconciliations with Custody platforms.
Summary of Main Responsibilities
· Operational management and control of the daily workflow within critical deadlines.
· Maximize team capacity through effective resource planning and ensure team structure is robust through effective training and succession planning.
· Own issues related to the business processing operation and ensure timely escalation to both Operational and Risk leads.
· Promote culture of early and timely escalation, ensure root cause analysis undertaken for all operational incidents and follow through with all recommendations. Actively manage risk items and continually evidence compliance with key controls.
· Identify and deliver tangible operational improvements, increase automation of processes and oversight to high-risk activities.
· People Management - provide direction and leadership to the team. Ensure all staff members receive documented regular 1-on-1 reviews and provide a succession plan for the department. Provide effective communications to the dept, ensuring staff are aware of strategic and market changes in the organization.
· Ensure all team members adhere to global escalation policies, attest to operational procedures at required intervals and actively comply with ethics and behaviour standards.
· Work with operational and product partners to define the strategic road map for the product.
· Implement the project structure and governance required to deliver on the agreed strategy.
· Work closely with Compliance to ensure local compliance within Country.
· Represent the hub with internal and external clients, promoting the strategy, products and capabilities of the department.
· Support operational partners with strategic initiatives.
· Strong Custody and Fund Services domain knowledge and experience.
· Strong people management skills, ability to lead, engage and motivate management teams Change Management experience and Project Management skills.
· Operations line management experience of managing teams and individuals.
· Strong focus with business process improvement.
· Relevant Degree.
· Ability to effectively prioritize workloads and work to critical deadlines.
· Demonstrate ownership and accountability for project deliverables.
· Strong, confident communicator in all mediums to both internal and external clients.
· Strategic thinker, able to review and implement process improvements.
· Strong risk and control awareness
· Drive, energy and enthusiasm
· Make considered decisions based upon fact and business / industry knowledge.
· Display high levels of integrity; operate on the basis of open and honest interaction
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.