We are looking to hire a Research Associate to join an I.I. top ranked Latin American Financials team. The analyst's primary responsibilities include industry analysis and company-specific coverage. This involves tasks from dissecting earnings releases and regulatory data, assessing news events, modeling financial statements and industry dynamics, writing notes and sector reports, and speaking to both internal and external clients and management teams about the stocks/sector.
The analyst will be based in São Paulo and his/her job will also involve working closely with the local sales and trading effort to enhance relationships with local investors and generate trading ideas
An analyst’s primary responsibilities include:
• Equity, macro and quantitative analysis
• Central Bank and insurance regulator data compilation
• Creating and maintaining research models
• Researching the performance of companies and sectors
• Preparing, tracking and maintaining company financial
• Detailing the analysis and findings of the above research into equity research reports, providing investment views on companies and industry reports
• Communicating with internal sales, trading and other areas of the bank, as well as external clients after developing marketing skills with senior analyst
Research is fast-paced, demanding and intellectually stimulating. We look for candidates who possess strong accounting, finance, quantitative and writing/ communication skills, as well as modeling, forecasting, and valuation experience.
- The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of experience (preferably investment banking, research, or another analytical and demanding role)
- An advanced level of excel proficiency is expected.
- Candidates are expected to be adaptable and have the ability to work well under pressure in a sometimes-intense environment.
- Candidates should also be able to work independently to produce accurate, detailed materials while meeting tight deadlines.
- Intellectual curiosity, a strong work ethic and a team player mentality are very important.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English. Proficiency in Spanish is helpful, but not required.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.