JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others.
The Vice President of Strategic Analytics will be part of the team responsible for the development and implementation of risk initiatives and acquisition strategies for Chase Auto Finance. The primary focus of this position will be setting and managing pricing loss assumptions to insure that expected lifetime credit losses are appropriately reflected in pricing and the Firm is appropriately compensated for risk. The group works closely with partners across many functions, including Risk, Finance, Modelling, Sales and Credit.
The successful candidate will excel at creative thinking and problem solving, be detail oriented, self-motivated, confident and ready to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Translating large amounts of complex data into insights that can be used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the pricing loss assumptions.
- Evaluating new data sources and utilizing data in creative ways.
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional partners to help design and implement enhancements to the acquisition and pricing engines.
- Partnering with quantitative modeling teams to enhance loss forecasting models by providing insight into portfolio performance and suggesting candidate variables that might improve the models’ explanatory power.
- Presenting recommendations to key senior partners in Risk and Pricing Committees