J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for
consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial
transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial
Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products
and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits,
institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals
Our corporate functions support the entire
organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit,
Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
- The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) CAO Finance Unit Costing
Team provides Management accounting expense analysis in order to support
the Corporate and Investment Bank business strategy.
- The Demand Management team lead unit costing analysis and maintain
updates to deal costing tools to support the business areas within
Global Funds Services. The team
works closely across the organization with Product Management, Deal
Pricing, Finance, Operations Management, Client Relationship and
- The role is responsible for the APAC Demand Management function
across Global Fund Services products providing cost analysis and tools
to support client, product and new business assessment and reporting.
- This role will require the balancing of regional and global requirements to achieve business goals.
Key Accountabilities / Major Responsibilities:
- Lead analyst for the “Cost to Serve” modeling within the APAC
region. Key contact in the deal commercial process that drives business
decisions both strategically and tactically, on deal pricing and client
- Provide objective headcount assessments and provide support to
operations in understanding the impact of new business on capacity.
Partner with operations mgmt. team to collate and analyze source
data required to refresh unit rates and update the client profitability
Develop and expand reporting capabilities in line with changes to the operating model, and evolving needs of the business.
Support the annual Deal Pricing refresh which calculates and
refines the unit rates that are used to apply Technology and Operations
production expense to sub-products and clients as part of global costing
Participate in strategic Projects, including implementation across
new services/sub-products, new business reporting and reporting tools
(e.g., Wholesale Client Profitability (WCP), RAMPs and SAS CPM –costing
tool) and wider analysis.
Use data and modeling output to provide succinct and meaningful
reporting to Business Managers with respect to key driver trends and the
assessment of the impact of key business changes.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 4+ years’ experience in Finance and/or Global Fund Services
- Sound knowledge of the securities industry
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven track record in process improvement/change management and leadership displaying influencing skills.
- Securities Industry or Finance related qualifications beneficial.
- Project Mgmt and Business Mgmt skillsets beneficial
- Assume accountability through willingness to take ownership and responsibility to accomplish goals.
Leadership qualities with the ability to use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to motivate and build relationships across teams; facilitating the completion of business goals
Sound securities industry knowledge, including Funds Services knowledge
Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to research issues/problems & focuses on a ‘solution-based’ approach to their work environment
Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels
Work in a controlled and organised manner, paying attention to detail
Self starter with a positive approach to change. Flexibility to respond to changing demands and short notice requests
Effective planning and time management skills to meet strict deadlines
Operating Systems: Applicants should be competent users of MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint. MS Access experience beneficial but not essential.