The team builds software for the firm's trading desks & marketing and risk and middle office around the world dealing in fixed income derivatives, such as Interest Rate Swaps, Bond Options, Bond Futures, Interest Rate Futures and Options on Futures.
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market trading and risk management system. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python, C++, and Java: C++ and Java for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases. Athena is designed to pull developers close to the business to help increase revenues while improving operational processes and controls to reduce costs.
· Object oriented analysis and development
· Interpersonal skills for effective working in a globally distributed team
· Automated unit testing
· Small Talk, Python
· NoSql databases, e.g. Cassandra, BigTable
· Relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL
· Socket programming
· Automated Acceptance Testing / Specification By Example
· Graph-oriented programming
· Memory and CPU profiling
· Complex Event Processing
· Desirable Business Knowledge:
· Fixed Income products (Derivatives/Securities)
· PnL, Risk calculation
· Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with demanding sponsors and stakeholders
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and effectively in a global organization.
· The ability to work under pressure within agreed timelines and to support multiple tasks in parallel
· Self-starter with proven ability to produce end results with minimal assistance
· Experience of working in Global teams.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.