Roles and Responsibilities:
As an application developer your responsibilities include design, development and implementation of application software within Corporate & Investment Banking. This will require effective collaboration with project managers, business analysts, developers, tech leads and end-users across regions. You will additionally be responsible for troubleshooting production incidents and addressing user queries.
- Develop code that conforms to the design, addresses non-functional requirements, and complies with the coding standards and conventions.
- Create detailed Unit Test cases, perform unit testing, integration testing, support QA and User acceptance testing and also address ad hoc user queries.
- Closely work with the users to understand the business and non-business requirements and document the technical specifications.
- Practice test-driven development, automated testing (using Fitnesse) and continuous integration.
- Participate in peer review sessions.
- Analyze programs and troubleshoot production issues. Identify potential performance tuning improvement areas and implement tuning measures.
- Develop functional knowledge (in addition to technical skills) to become a techno-functional developer.
- Collaborate with regional and global team members from other regions.
- Comply with the JPMC Project Life Cycle and internal processes.
- Ensure that best practices are followed throughout the development lifecycle and ensure high quality delivery during all phases of the SDLC.
- Possess a good understanding of change management and release processes.
- Minimum 5 years of developing complex Java enterprise applications in medium to large scale projects.
- Strong hands-on experience on JEE technology stack.
- Hands-on experience on Spring framework and web service technologies.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Good understanding of automated testing frameworks like Fitnesse.
- Hands-on experience on Pentaho ETL tool.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in agile teams.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
- Experience in investment banking domain.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran