J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
- We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking,
financial transaction processing, and asset management.
- We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
- We operate in more than 100 markets.
- We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate &
Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits,
institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance,
Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset &Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domesticand multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key
market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and areintegrated within our businesses.
Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore
and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategicsupport across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
Roles & Responsibility:
- The Alts & MF team is currently seeking a application developer to join and drive a team responsible for the design and
delivery of strategic solutions to support Alternative Investment/MF businesses.
- The successful candidate will be from a server side development background, have a proven track record in designing
and delivering distributed, event driven services and be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of architecture
principles and software development best practices
- Expertise working in an Agile project environment, with the ability to work with the Product Owner and SCRUM Team
on all aspects of the project; from development of the product vision and business case, through to delivery of product
- An understanding of code quality, code security and application quality KPIs; in order to provide project metrics and data
to enable development teams to make intelligent decisions throughout the delivery lifecycle.
- The ability to facilitate development and architecture discussion, through a detailed understanding of current application
development tools and techniques.
- A strong focus on engineering excellence and compliance with all corporate, regulatory, IT risk and architecture policies
- Results orientated: Drives results through people, communication, influence and interaction
- 7+ years of extensive knowledge of Java development including areas such as Spring, Hibernate, JMS
- Experience of building a new system or module from scratch.
- Knowledge of web service technologies such as REST and JSON.
- Knowledge of application security areas: authorization, authentication, encryption
- Multi-threaded application development experience.
- Automated testing techniques – especially BDD.
- Experience working with Sonar, SSAP, JIRA, GIT
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team working skills and the ability to work on multiple parallel work items with other developers, analysts etc.
- Knowledge of Project & Program Reporting principles.
- Degree or equivalent experience
- SQL/Sybase database experience and Unix/Perl scripting.
- Angular/ExtJS experience
- Experience in development of High Availability system architectures
- Cloud and/or similar distributed processing
- Ability to implement change and development process improvements, including required culture changes
Additional Preferred Skills:
· Exposure to Agile development process.
· Experience with Rational Application Developer/Eclipse IDE
· Working knowledge of Java SDK 1.6+, Websphere Application Server 7, Tomcat
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Coordinate with global counterparts for development activities.
· Good interpersonal skills, having positive approach and team player.
· Challenge and suggest requirements, enhancements to the platform
· Good prioritization and time management in a fast paced environment.
· A proactive approach to problem solving and decision making.
· Proven application delivery track record.
· Ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline and customer focus mind-set.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.