J.P. Morgan is a premier securities servicing provider that helps institutional investors, alternative asset managers, broker dealers and equity issuers optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue. A division of JPMorgan Chase Bank, WSS leverages the firm’s global scale, leading technology and deep industry expertise to service investments around the world. It has $16.1 trillion in assets under custody and $7.3 trillion in funds under administration.
The Bank Loans Team is responsible for supporting Investment Operational Services . The team provides complete end to end operational support for all aspects of client business as a third party administrator on behalf of key clients. The team provides end to end service for the valuation and processing of loan assets, including transaction capture, PnL analysis and exception management investigation reporting.
As a team, the aim is to improve standards of communication across Operations, provide query tracking and timely resolution as well as performing root-cause analysis on issues and problems
• Bank Loan Servicing:
o Interest rate resets
o PIK interest calculations
o Delayed Comp accruals / calculations
o Trade settlements / wire processing
• General Operations:
o Position break resolution with offshore team
o Cash break research / resolution with offshore team
o P&L review / reconciliation with client
o Audit requests (client and internal)
Key Accountabilities/Major Responsibilities:
• Complete team deliverables in line with deadlines as per SLA
• Responsible for ensuring that all instructions are sent with accuracy by client, custodian and market cut offs
• Responsible for providing accurate and timely notification to Fund Managers and direct clients on trade issues that require their amendment / investigation within the deadlines defined in the SOP’s and SLA’s.
• Avoid failed trades by ensuring adherence to client, custodian and market cut offs
• Ensure that accurate documentation is maintained for all trade matters.
• Ensure that customer service levels provided to all internal and external parties meet departmental and business unit standards in accordance with SOP’s and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
• Identify, record and address issues on a daily basis to Fund Managers, Clients and relevant internal parties where applicable
• Adhere to existing controls, implementing new controls and suggest improvements via the correct channels to minimize the potential for financial and reputational loss to the Team, Department and Bank.
• Deal with internal and external parties in a professional manner and in a manner within the best interests of the Client and Bank.
Experience & Knowledge:
• 2-5 years of direct Bank Debt / Leveraged Loan operations experience; exposure to Distressed loans is preferred but not required
• Knowledge of LSTA/LMA standard docs, and exposure to EUR/Aussie Loans a plus
• Knowledge of Advent Geneva is required; exposure to Wall Street Office, ClearPar, Bloomberg is a plus
• Knowledge of investment vehicles related to Bank Debt (CLOs, private equity funds, etc) is a plus
• Strong understand of accounting principles, specifically how Bank Debt transactions impact financial statements
• Strong analytical skills
• Superior communication skills
• Proven adaptability and ability to work in a high growth area
• Bachelor degree required; preferably Finance, Accounting, or Economics
• Thorough knowledge of the Bank Debt asset class, including Primary and Secondary market trading; some exposure to loan closing is preferred
• Enthusiastic approach to workload by consistently maintaining high levels of productivity and operating with effectiveness
• Initiating action and escalating potential risks to minimize loss
• Effective organisational and time management skills to meet deadlines and team objectives
• Assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing tasks through taking ownership to accomplish goals
• Actively maintaining level of technical knowledge and keeping up with current developments and trends within industry
• Commitment to providing high standards of quality client service
• Adaptability: maintaining standards and adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes or requirements
• Logical, clear and concise verbal and written communication
• Actively contributing and participating as a member of the team
• Initiating process improvements to further increase productivity of team and client satisfaction.
• Ability to work overtime so as to ensure all Client Deliverables and SLA’s are met.
• Ability to work Public Holidays and weekends where required.
• Ability to work shift work where needed. Shift times are between 8.00am – 8.30pm.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.