JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
It began operations in the Philippines in 1961 with a representative office. Since then, the firm has expanded its presence into a fully integrated franchise, comprising Investment Banking, Treasury and Securities Services, Equity Sales and Research as well as foreign exchange and fixed income trading operations. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has a number of legal entities operating in the country, including the Manila Branch of the bank, which has a commercial banking license as well as a derivatives license, and a securities company with a seat on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. launched its Global Service Center in Manila in 2005 and in Cebu in 2010, to provide a wide variety of strategic support including analytics, finance and accounting voice-based services, transaction processing and other functions to its affiliates around the world.
Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
We have opportunities for Senior Specialist I positions in our Collections group.
Collections Specialists are primarily responsible for effectively encouraging clients to settle past due amounts thru consultative collections.
This is accomplished by establishing contact with customers via inbound and outbound calls, to assess customers’ individual circumstances thru probing questions, and recommend appropriate options that will best address client needs.
Responsibilities include negotiating and processing customer payments, determining reasons for non-payment or default, negotiate payment alternatives to settle outstanding balance, and educating customers of consequences of not meeting obligations.
Collections Specialists must be able to display the following attributes in order to effectively engage the customers in a productive dialogue and meet individual and business goals.
• Communicate effectively by displaying accurate usage of grammar structures to provide resolution and delight the customers
• Multi-task to review, identify and address customer needs
• Actively listen and empathize genuinely
• Improve customer’s experience by building rapport, understanding customer’s situation, and offering appropriate solutions
• Adhere to pre-set laws and company policies & procedures
• Gather data and facts by probing and profiling customers to correctly evaluate concerns
• Assertive in driving the dialogue in a results-oriented direction to make accurate assessments
• Educate the customer of the benefits of bringing the account up to date
• Update the customer information to maintain accuracy and timelines
• Record/Notate all that has transpired during the conversation for easy reference
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran
• Some college; a degree is preferred but not mandatory
• Collections experience is preferred but not mandatory
• Strong analytical skills and critical thinking to be used in financial counseling, evaluation and interpretation of complex information
• Demonstrated strong organization and attention to detail skills
• Good oral and written communication and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and within a team to accomplish goals and objectives
• Ability to learn and adhere to rules, regulations, laws and methods of collection and due diligence
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.