JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Firmwide Data Management (FDM) was created with the mission to help improve the quality, integrity and reliability of
the firm’s critical data. Party Reference Data and Reference Data Strategy actively contribute to
the firm’s efforts in growing the business, reducing costs, and ensuring regulatory compliance. The organization’s
objectives are to explain the path that critical data follows, improve data quality, reduce ambiguity and inconsistent
terminology, enhance transparency, rationalize the number of replicated data assets, and improve firmwide-sharing of
information and best practices. To achieve all of this, FDM serves as the governing body to create firmwide standards
that drive consistent data management practices, develop technologies and processes to support data management
processes, partner with LOBs to embed data management best practices and capabilities, and ensure sustainability by refining, measuring, and improving the firm’s ability to manage data.
The Project Manager would support Party Reference Data and Reference Data in driving business
priorities and strategy. The Project Management function is responsible for the coordination and/or delivery of all projects and business support required, along with minimal business management functionalities. Strong partnerships with other US and global functional support areas are essential, which include technology, compliance, business support management, product business managers, business control office, and finance teams. Developing a good rapport with partners, stakeholders, and senior management is critical; this role interacts with the leads across the Party Reference Data, Reference Data Strategy and FDM organizations.
Primary responsibilities/job duties will include:
- Partner with Project Lead(s) to define project scope and objectives and define key milestones.
- Partner with stakeholders across different teams and LOBs to ensure projects are delivered on schedule, within budget and within scope.
- Diagnose and facilitate resolution of key issues and risks within the project.
- Ensure operational and business change readiness; support the definition and documentation of new and enhanced operating models to implement strategic business priorities.
- Manage end to end User Acceptance Testing process; track defects, perform root cause analysis, and identify the
means to resolving them.
- Conduct overall project evaluations/quality control.
- Status Reporting, evaluating progress and quality, reporting risks, issues and escalating when appropriate.
- Drive results through leadership, people, communication and influence.
- Must be able to manage multiple work streams and priorities concurrently.
- 5+ years of related experience including finance, project management and/or strategy related
- Prior project management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated proficiency/advanced skills using Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
- Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing organization
- Builds a sense of community, creating a positive team environment and modeling a global, diverse mindset and inclusive behavior
- Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.