J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Institutional Communications and Data Optimization Manager is a member of the Institutional Americas Asset Management marketing team, which focuses on understanding client needs and helping build differentiated integrated marketing strategies for our Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution clients globally, including Endowments & Foundations, Insurance Companies, and Healthcare. This role reports to the Head of Communications, Campaigns and Data Optimization for Institutional Marketing.
This role partners with global Institutional segment marketing managers, program management, sales, and cross-line-of-business marketing partners (compliance, digital, email delivery, analytics) to deepen client engagement through planning, executing and analyzing client communications and journeys across email and digital platforms.
Communications: Deliver full calendar of email and events communications to DB and DC audiences
Position key messages that drive sales objectives
Identify and implement best practices
Project manage across email delivery team, compliance, product specialist, and CRM
Manage list and manual check processes
Oversee global web content, advance delivery and presentation to clients
Manage communications calendar
Data: Track and surface data-driven insights
Define global engagement metrics to optimize marketing strategy
Analyze data from advertising, collateral, web, events, etc.
Implement test and learn programs across platforms
Business expertise: Develop deep understanding of DB and DC client segments, including client dynamics and challenges, sales teams needs, and key JPM products and solutions
Strategic projects: Work on long-term and short-term marketing initiatives, assist with global campaign management, partner with our digital organization to drive strategic cross-firm projects
Partner effectively with product marketing, event program management, digital marketing, business intelligence and compliance to learn and determine optimal processes and procedures
Develop new ideas to best help clients, reach new audiences, and drive operational efficiency
To succeed in this role, one must have mastery over:
- Communications: skilled at creating and refining email and client-focused written content, including grammatical expertise. Outstanding written and verbal commutation skills, proofreading.
- Measurement and reporting: ability to quantify the success of marketing programs, identify areas for evaluation, establish standard measurement processes, and provide suggestions to improve marketing effectiveness.
- Advanced Excel skills required, knowledge of Google Analytics and Salesforce CRM a plus
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM, A/B testing
- Asset management experience: solid knowledge of DB and/or DC spaces
- Project management: excellent attention to detail, solid organization skills, ability to accurately manage large volumes of information, have ultimate responsibility for delivery of work
- Best practices: driven to identify industry and broader best practices, implement them across communications, and drive consistency
- Digital understanding: ease with learning new systems and synthesizing platforms
- Insight: ability to understand the unique needs of their client segment and sales teams
- Strategic and critical thinking: develop impactful strategic marketing initiatives aligned with overall business goals
- Partnership: ability to build strong relationships with partners across marketing and sales
- Innovation: pinpoint opportunities to develop unique, competitive programs and alternative delivery models. Create a differentiated client experience by developing well-defined contact strategies and programs for all key client and prospect touch points