JPMorgan Chase & Co. is one of the world’s oldest, largest and best-known financial institutions. As a global financial services firm with operations in more than 50 countries, JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leader in investment banking; financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking; financial transaction processing; asset management; and private equity.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is built on the foundation of over 1,200 predecessor institutions that have come together through the years to form today’s company. Our many well-known heritage banks include J.P. Morgan & Co., The Chase Manhattan Bank, Bank One, Manufacturers Hanover Trust Co., Chemical Bank, The First National Bank of Chicago and National Bank of Detroit, each closely tied in its time to innovations in finance and the growth of the U.S. and global economies.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Director and primarily oversee administrative responsibilities for the Corporate History Program, as well as periodically support history projects and our four-person professional team as needed.
• Oversee all administrative processes including: departmental invoices, book Telepresence meeting rooms, order supplies/equipment, coordinate mail distribution, and manage all shipment details from labels through delivery or pickup.
• Actively manage Director’s calendar. This will include maintaining the Director’s appointments as well as the team’s appointments to inform the Director of all Program-wide activities.
• Manage international and domestic travel for the Director: organizing and preparing itinerary packets, processing T&E, scheduling appointments, etc.
• Support relationships with third-party vendors: maintain updated insurance records, onboard new vendors into all relevant JPMC payment systems, and oversee annual vendor reviews.
• Will participate in a variety of history project activities: scanning photographs, co-ordinate the transport of artifacts, coordinate senior executive gift requests, coordinate the framing of art/memorabilia, including Assist with archives-related projects as needed, including ad-hoc scanning, collection maintenance tasks, and inventorying new archival collections.
• The History Program develops a number of historical installations each year and this position would assist where needed.
• Program may be moving to another NY location that would require coordination assistance.
• 3-5 years of administrative experience, skilled in calendar management, expense processing, meeting logistics, and travel coordination
• Excellent organizational skills and an acute attention to detail that can be applied to a diverse array of tasks
• Proven ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
• Strong interest in history and willingness to become comfortable with JPMC’s history.
• Excellent professional communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms and JPMC systems (Concur, Agile, Ariba, and Virtual EMS)
• Strong writing and interpersonal skills; comfortable speaking publicly to small groups and ability to interact confidently with people at all levels in the firm.
• Detail-oriented, works well individually and in teams, shares information, and supports colleagues
Applicants must be physically able to perform the duties of this position - including handling boxes of records weighing up to 40 pounds. (All historical records are stored in consistently sized boxes for easy retrieval.)