Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,300 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Chase Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2016. ChaseNet is a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and Chase Pay is the firm’s new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
The role will report directly to the Sales Enablement Director and would be responsible for identifying, designing, and implementation of key strategic and tactical initiatives that will directly impact the performance objectives of the Merchant Services organization over the next several years. Role will lead efforts to drive productivity and accelerate sales results for individual contributors and managers. In this role, s/he will provide hands on programs for leaders and team members. S/he will focus their efforts toward insuring that consistent coaching and feedback are provided to employees, and improve team member’s essential skills including: Account planning, sales execution, product and solutions, sales and relationship management skills, close plans, pipeline management, building internal networks and time management.
- Responsible for coaching and enabling individual contributors and managers up and across the entire sales organization to perform their jobs effectively.
- Positively and creatively influence change by researching the results from the monitoring and assessing of the skill levels of individuals, managers and teams.
- Implement changes to close gaps from the assessments/matrices that were performed.
- Provide Key programs to assist leadership in supporting each team member with skills development.
- Develop programs to help the team members meet or exceed the KPI criteria.
- Develop and Apply programs to support the gaps to make critical decisions and decide which directions/next steps should occur.
- 1st phase to review the skill level/performance/needs/assessments.
- 2nd phase to create a methodology for each job function.
- Develop and maintain a leadership guide.
- Engage Direct Management to ensure thorough understanding of all critical business initiatives.
- Design and roll out programs to simplify processes.
- Reduce risks and improve controls whenever possible; specifically identifying opportunities to automate controls whenever possible
- Manage oversight of key program improvements; to simplify sales, structure and operational processes
- Accountable for successful implementation of all assigned programs and underlying objectives
- Identify and communicate with Senior leaders key facts and trends that need to be addressed in order for the business to run effectively
- 10+ years in business banking or related business lending experience
- 5+ years of prior sales experience preferred
- 5+ years working in a learning and development capacity
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Management or related field; MBA referred
- Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
- Clear understanding of overall business objectives with regard to customer, employee, and profitability of the business
- Strong analytical, problem solving & process re-engineering skills. Ability to use reports, metrics and other data to identify trends, issues and opportunities
- Identify solutions and removes roadblocks for the team; know and utilize available resources to resolve issues when appropriate
- Ability to multi task and adapt to changing priorities to deliver results in a complex and changing environment
- Forge strong working relationships across the organization and influence others without direct control
- Ability to lead proactively through change
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project skills
- Travel requirement: approximately 25%