Commercial Bank Risk is presently seeking a candidate for an Associate Surveillance position, which entails research and evaluation of commercial real estate market trends within a >$50 billion portfolio. An evaluation considers historical market trends, economic factors and impacts, and forecasts future performance.
Candidates should have extensive knowledge of commercial real estate, be well rounded, and possess strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills. The candidate will be responsible for composing written rationales supporting market evaluations.
● Direct responsibility for monitoring commercial real estate performance and trends for several metro areas, particularly focusing on new construction trends.
● Collect, synthesize, and interpret internal and third party data to develop market opinions.
● Build strong relationships with market representatives, and provide specialized reports as requested.
● Ability to operate at the highest levels within JPMC and the executive leadership team as well as a wide variety of areas within the company (Underwriting, Sales, Appraisal, Loan Review).
● Promptly assess unexpected economic events (such as natural disasters) in order to measure portfolio impact and identify potential mitigants
● Respond to the unique characteristics of each market to create presentations tailored to specific audiences and effectively communicate findings.
Five to seven years of relevant work experience (market analysis, economic research, trend analysis, forecasting, statistical analysis, etc.)
Strong Excel skills and ability to develop proficiency in mapping/visualization software (i.e. Tableau)
Ability to collate and analyze information into reasoned and supported arguments.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Direct experience with analysis of commercial real estate (preferred)
Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Can effectively influence others and gain consensus when needed
Creative and entrepreneurial in developing tailored reports
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.