JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at https://www.jpmorganchase.com
Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) is part of our Global Compliance organization and is responsible for developing and implementing the requirements and standards for the firm's Enterprise-Wide Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions Programs. GFCC is comprised of the core functions (KYC, Sanctions, Investigations and Transaction Monitoring), business-aligned teams and regional teams.
This posting is for a position with the Coverage Strategy team, within GFCC, whose mandate it is to strategically design, develop and maintain an efficient and effective AML transaction monitoring program. The program must be robust, sustainable and able to adapt to a constantly evolving risk landscape.
Our global leads work with sector, regional and core colleagues, as well as directly with Lines of Business (LOBs) to develop, refine and implement monitory strategies to maximize the use of systematic and non-systematic sources of intelligence, assist the Data Management team in implementing new and modified files to support monitoring programs and support a firm-wide governance program (Global AML Monitoring Committee) to coordinate change management activities with LOBs and other Corporate functions.
This Coverage Strategy Manager will be responsible for the AML transaction monitoring coverage for Investment Banking (IB) and Asset Wealth Management (AWM) and support the global Coverage Strategy team on its projects and initiatives. As the IB/AWM Coverage Strategy lead, this person will ensure the AML risks for the securities and investment banking products have coverage that is applicable its customers and services offered. This person will document the rationale for monitoring in the region and support ongoing processes such as typology and scenario reviews, threshold calibration and segmentation. It will be key for this person to be in close contact with LOB and Compliance stakeholders to ensure a clear understanding of the monitoring strategies required for local regulation. Additionally, this person will help the Coverage Strategy team to organize deliverables and to present and draft documentation for senior management discussions, exams and audits.
The successful candidate will need strong communications skills, the ability to work independently yet collaboratively across the various lines of business and regions and be adaptable to change.
In addition, the candidate needs to demonstrate extensive banking and compliance knowledge in working AML/KYC-related issues, the ability to exercise sound judgment and to observe the highest degree of confidentiality in handling information received in the course of responsibilities.
- Understand the Firm’s high-level products and customers in Investment Banking/AWM and how they transact
- Identify and develop solutions to capitalize upon monitoring opportunities
- Communicate monitoring strategy to senior stakeholders
- Communicate deliverables and requirements in a clear and concise manner
- Support the development of monitoring strategies at all stages
- Analyze data and determine appropriate threshold levels, with support from Compliance & Analytics
- Support project plans and deliverables often tied to regulatory commitments
- Participate in the development of goals and execution of strategies within the function or department
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in Business Management, Law or other applicable field a plus
- 7 – 10 years prior AML/KYC experience preferred
- Proven experience operating under a strict regulatory environment, preferably in a large financial institution
- Exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of date, decipher higher risk attributes (e.g., transactional, geographical, product, customer type) and disposition appropriately
- Self-starter, capable of working under minimum supervision
- Adept at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Results oriented team player
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to thrive in a global operating environment and a matrix management organization
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
** Any candidate not meeting ALL the qualifications can be considered for a Sr. Compliance Officer, Associate.