JP Morgan Chase:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function:
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Asset & Wealth Management:
With AUM and total client assets at $1.7 trillion and $2.5 trillion, respectively, JPMorgan Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. We serve four distinct client groups globally: institutional and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management (AM), and high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth clients through J.P. Morgan Wealth Management, which includes the Private Bank and J.P. Morgan Securities. We offer global investment management in fixed income, equities, solutions, real assets, hedge funds, private equity and liquidity. We provide trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
Risk is an inherent part of JPMorgan Chase's business activities and the firm's overall risk tolerance is established in the context of the firm's earnings power, capital, and diversified business model. The firm's risk management framework and governance structure are intended to provide comprehensive controls and ongoing management of the major risks inherent in its business activities. It is also intended to create a culture of risk awareness and personal responsibility throughout the firm. The firm's ability to properly identify, measure, monitor and report risk is critical to both its soundness and profitability. JPMorgan Chase believes in a holistic approach to risk analysis by incorporating key risk disciplines including Credit, Market, Principal, Liquidity, Operational, Model, Legal, Fiduciary and Reputation and weighing these against returns.
Our team is committed to being a world-class leader in risk management, maintaining a system of strong controls, providing guidance and clear direction on key principles and proactively managing risks. The Chief Risk Officer of Asset & Wealth Management (AWM CRO) reports directly to the Firmwide CRO and is a member of the Risk Operating Committee as well as the Asset Management Operating Committee. The AWM Risk team, led by the AM Chief Risk Officer (CRO), is aligned to the AWM business covering the broad spectrum of risks inherent in the global institutional businesses.
AWM Risk is a team of experienced quantitative and market risk oriented professionals responsible for developing and maintaining market and investment risk analytics and reporting for the AWM business. The team is seeking a risk professional for its AWM Investment Risk Team in New York.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
· This position will provide operating and business risk oversight, investment risk monitoring, exposure and concentration reporting and assist in developing and enforcing risk and investment approval policies across the businesses.
· The candidate’s primary responsibilities include the following:
o Measure, monitor and independently assess risks in investment activities; escalate issues/concerns to senior management
o Ensuring risk oversight processes and infrastructure are maintained
o Collaborate with investment, in-business and independent risk teams to develop and maintain understanding of risk profiles of portfolios
o Improve risk transparency and infrastructure
· Undergraduate degree with 1-2 years of relevant work experience; experience within asset management, investment risk, or market risk preferred
· Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of global financial markets and strong intuition in its impact to our business
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; inquisitive nature and comfortable in challenging current practices
· Strong Excel/PowerPoint/MS Office skills and experience with Tableau preferred
· Strong communication skill and interpersonal skills to be leveraged in executive governance and senior management forums
· Must be able to work under pressure and deliver on multiple tight, time sensitive timelines
· Attention to detail, strong organization and processing skills
· Innovative and creative thinking. Ability to improve current processes and achieve efficiencies
· Strong product knowledge and quantitative skills with broad range of asset classes and investment strategies, a plus
· Familiarity with modeling and working knowledge of portfolio valuations and risk systems, such as Risk Metrics, a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.